Author Topic: So proud of myself and the pup!  (Read 5868 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
So proud of myself and the pup!
« on: January 04, 2019, 10:10:22 AM »
Just want to say how proud I am of myself and our senior pup.  I take her for her stroll every morning and when we've done 100% everything else is a bonus.

Today we did 100%.

The pup carried on walking and I followed her.

We did 200%.

The pup carried on walking.

We did 300%.

Still walking along without a care in the world.

400% and my legs were starting to creak and groan.

The pup still kept on walking.

We did 450% and by that point my legs were telling me they were going to collapse if I didn't get sat down fast.  When we got to the door, I opened it but the pup still wanted to walk, it just wouldn't have been safe if I'd followed her, so we came home and took her harness off then went to feed her.

I now won't be able to move off the sofa other than to go to the bathroom for the rest of the day.  I'm just feeling proud of myself for walking so far today is all and had to share it with you all.

Time to slurp my way through me mug of coffee as a reward now!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: So proud of myself and the pup!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 07:56:55 PM »
Good on you  :excited:

We went to Seaham today for a walk along the beach with Cassie and Sam.  Cassie loves going in water, not necessarily for a swim as she likes a paddle and Sam enjoyed himself as well.  We believe he was more like 6 weeks old rather than 8 weeks on New Year's Day when we got him.  Sam will go to other dogs and people which is funny although some dog owners were a bit worried at first as he is so small.  The other dogs were good with him and he has also made human friends.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: So proud of myself and the pup!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »
Did another 400% today, so 850% on just two days this week, explains why I'm so tired!  lol

So proud of you for taking Cassie and Sam to the beach today... didn't you get cold though?  I'd love to go back to the beach again but we don't have any transport and I'm not stable enough to walk very far, especially in sand!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.