Author Topic: My New Years resolution: who's with me?  (Read 49733 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: My New Years resolution: who's with me?
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2019, 04:04:29 PM »
That's seven home-cooked meals this week :excited:, so Steve'll be getting his second Creme Egg when he comes back in here with my mug of tea.  He wants a take-away for tea tonight, but that's totally OK with me 'cos we had a home-cooked lunch and it's the first one this week too, so I think he deserves it.

:yay:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2019, 08:18:59 PM »
I've mislaid the watch that I could use as a pedometer but it was good for encouraging me to walk and aim for doing 10,000 steps a day.  When we went away last March to Wemyss Bay in Scotland I was doing at least 10,000 and on one day it was just over 20,000 steps.   

This morning I had a bacon sandwich and orange juice, lunch was chicken roast potatoes cooked in my air fryer, sweetcorn and peas, and, this evening I had two slices of toast.  I feel better for it eating three meals.

This afternoon I did 26 lengths. 512 metres, so I've almost completed my first mile.  From now on I want to do at least 30 lengths, 600 metres, each time I go swimming as I am 100% motivated to proof I can swim 22 miles in 3 months.  My right shoulder is aching which started yesterday so whilst I am being careful I am keeping up movement to work through this.  Swimming is helping me to feel happier generally so more the reason to be careful.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2019, 09:17:19 PM »
I put the fitness tracker around my wrist initially but it counted my wrist movements, not my steps, so just typing out a quick email would give me over 100 steps, even though I hadn't taken a single one lol  Even scratching my nose would be 50 steps!  lol

So proud of you for what you've eaten today!  Keep it up Pip to make sure you've got enough energy for the swimathon.  You did great with the swimming too... you should feel very proud of yourself and I think you've earned a treat for it!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2019, 08:32:00 PM »
I'm having a rest from swimming to give my shoulder a rest although it is better already but I'm looking forward to increasing on lengths.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2019, 08:50:05 PM »
How about aiming for an extra length every (other?) week?  Don't pressure yourself or feel bad if you don't manage it, just maybe give yourself something to aim for?

I had cheese ravioli for me lunch today which we haven't had before so it kinda woke my tastebuds up and the pup and I did 1000% on our stroll this morning, so I'm hoping for getting close to 2,000 steps by bed time!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »
Spinach and Ricotta pizza  :yay: for lunch today and we did 700% on the puppy's morning stroll  :gs023:, so there's already 1500% extra in the walkies bank after only 2 days.  Jacket tatties for lunch tomorrow, then we've got a vegetable curry, a chilli and chips, waffles, potato wedges etc for the rest of the week.  It doesn't look like we'll have pasta bake this week for a change, but I'm all up for not sticking to a routine with our food for the last part of the week.  Tuesdays will always be pizza 'cos there's no room in the freezer for them so they defrost in the fridge overnight so have to be eaten on a Tuesday so that they don't go off.  Jacket tatties are fresh so we don't want them to go off before we have them so they will always be Wednesdays meal, but Thursday-Monday will always be different, depending on what we got with the shopping on a Monday evening.   :happy0158:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2019, 09:21:29 AM »
We're still having jacket tatties for lunch, but we're mixing things up again and instead of cheese and beans on them, we're having cheese and vegetable chilli instead!

We did 600% on our morning stroll, so there's 2000% in the bank already, after only three days too!   :dogwag:

Gotta remember to add Turkish Delights and/or Toblerone's to the shopping to encourage Steve to keep cooking when he's finished his box of Creme Eggs in 5 weeks time.  There were 6 weeks' worth last week, he had both of his rewards last week so there are 5 week's worth left and assuming Steve keeps cooking for us, we'll have 8 (4 weeks worth) left on Sunday, so adding the chocolate to the shopping isn't urgent, I just don't want to forget is all!

Can someone remind me in a month so that I don't forget pretty please?

TIA!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2019, 05:55:01 PM »
600% on our morning stroll and a bowl of potato wedges smothered in tomato ketchup for lunch.

Steve's got his regular medical appointment at lunchtime tomorrow so it'll be a late lunch tomorrow, which is fine by me... as long as it's cooked at home, it doesn't matter what time we eat as long as it's cooked at home rather than a take-away!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2019, 03:56:36 PM »
Another 600% so there's 3000% extra in the walkies bank and I'm hoping for 600% both days of the weekend too, which'll take the bank up to an incredible 4000% in 7 days!  How incredible is that?!   :happy0064:

We had chips for a late lunch so I'm about to go and get Steve's Creme Egg out of the fridge for him - 16 home-cooked meals  :excited:  so far and this'll be his third reward for cooking for us every day.

*edited to add the last 0 on 3000
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:01:33 PM by Amanda_George »

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2019, 04:09:55 PM »
My maffs was wrong... there are 7 days in a week, not 9, so there have been 12 days (7+5=12 doesn't it??) of daily home-cooked meals, not 16 lol  It'll be 14 days and 4 rewards on Sunday, but it's not 16 days of home-cooked meals until Tuesday, right? lol

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2019, 08:27:26 PM »
We finished last week with 4000% in the bank and another 7 days of no take-aways, which is a total of 14 days of cooking at home on the trot.  We had a bowl of chips each for lunch today so that's 15 days straight which is awesome and I definitely feel healthier and less sluggish because of it!

600% on the walk this morning too so that's 500% in the bank already!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2019, 02:25:18 PM »
Spinach and Ricotta pizza for lunch today (and we'll prolly have lasagne for lunch tomorrow) plus 1100% on the pup's walk this morning means that I'm absolutely exhausted now, but proud of us for having 16 cooked meals on the trot and 1500% extra in the walkies bank already after only 2 days.

Had an espresso and chocochino when we got back to wake me up, but I think I need the vitamin B12 spray rather than coffee right now lol

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2019, 03:23:25 PM »
600% on the senior pup's walk and I've just had lasagne and chips for me lunch.  Won't be able to move further than the bathroom this afternoon lol

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2019, 08:51:41 PM »
Sorry I haven't been posting, my mood has been all over the place the past week or so.  Swimming is the one thing that is helping me keep going as my eating habits have got bad again as I'm not eating enough.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »
Sorry I haven't been posting, my mood has been all over the place the past week or so.  Swimming is the one thing that is helping me keep going as my eating habits have got bad again as I'm not eating enough.

Sorry you've been feeling so bad recently.  I'll listen if you want to talk about it?   :hug: