Author Topic: Genuine question for anyone who wears a bra  (Read 2495 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Genuine question for anyone who wears a bra
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »
If you wear a bra keep reading.  I'll assume you are female but if you are male and wear a bra for whatever reason, I won't judge you and it's none of my business.

Lemme just set the scene before I ask the question:  I've always been big chested (28DD by the end of puberty and 36GG now).  They are totally natural, I've never had a boob job (and if I did, it'd be a reduction rather than an enlargement) and yes, I'm totally serious about the bra size.

As I've slowly lost weight, the numbers have reduced and the letters increased.

It's hard enough finding somewhere that sells my size bra's and I'm forced to pay through the nose for them because so few people are my size.  Literally the only place that I can get bra's is Amazon and occasionally Littlewoods, rarely eBay... the rest of the entire UK interwebs only sell up to DD or occasionally E, but I haven't been that size since I was 16 (I'm 41 now).

Here comes the question:  Is there a way to increase the numbers size but keep the letters at GG?  I'm sure my mum and the people in Contessa said there was when I first got measured for a bra and I was told that it was rare to find such big bra's on the High Street but I can't remember what the maths was now.  Don't suppose anyone can help me work out the right size I should be looking for so that I get the much-needed support without having each one specially made to my size (costs a minimum of £75 per bra and I need at least 2 so that's £150 for two bra's.  Yes, I've already looked into it).  I just very much doubt anywhere stocks 34H, which is what I am now, is all

I think I've asked in the past but can't find the answer now!   :bash:

Thank you!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
Re: Genuine question for anyone who wears a bra
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:22:05 PM »
Scratch that... I've just found a UK site that goes up to K cup and they've got a sale on atm with 24 bra's for under £30 each which is about £20 less than I pay on Amazon and Littlewoods!

If I get my ESA on Monday and they've still got the sale on, I'll be putting in a huge order with them!  If I forget what the site is called, it's "Bras & Honey"... assuming the bra's fit when they arrive, they've just found themselves a new customer!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 09:19:38 AM »
Just ordered 3 bra's for £88 and it was easy to find my size... I'd normally get 1 and a bit bra's for that price!  Assuming they fit when they arrive, they've definitely got themselves a new customer... they go up to 40J which I've never found anywhere else, so the ESA and PIP money will be saved up and I'll be a semi-regular customer of theirs now!  If you're plus-sized with big boobs and you struggle to find bras in your size, definitely go with Bras and Honey!  I won't put the URL until I've got Pip's permission, but if you search for it then hopefully it'll be one of the first links in the search results.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 09:23:38 PM »
I hate buying bras so am hoping when I lose weight it will become easier.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 10:34:18 AM »
I haven't been able to buy a bra on the High Street without getting it ordered in since I was 16 and I've been buying them online since 1998 when I moved here but even with the interwebs, it's still hard to find my size!  Assuming you're willing to wait for the bra(s) then Bra's and Honey seem good... still waiting for my bra's to turn up a week later though, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:35:55 AM »
The bra's have literally just arrived.  Exactly 7 days after ordering them.  Assuming they fit, they have a semi-regular new customer on their hands!

Pip - am I allowed to put the URL on here or do you still want me to PM it to you first?  Either way is totally fine with me   :happy0158: