Author Topic: Latest  (Read 19718 times)

lostmyway

• Karma Group
Latest
« on: November 02, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
THERE IS NO POINT TO ANYTHING ANYMORE.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Latest
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »
I understand... let it all out here on the forum - things can and do get better, promise.
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 09:43:43 PM »
Someone got a job after doing a degree and i am still struggling like mad to find something. I am just sick of it.  There's no end to it all... everyday is the same. I am 47 and feel like I have done nothing significant with my life; I cannot turn the clock back.  So like I said, I feel nothing has a point anymore, I just exist and nothing else.  The only person that gives a damn is my mother and she's in her 80, and annoying as hell.  I get no respite from it all, it just goes on and on...

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 12:28:58 PM »
I know that right now it doesn't feel like it will end and understand the daily struggle you are going through, but you are getting through each day despite how hard it is.

Is there anything totally new to you that you can just test the water of for a while like I did with the child psychology bit?  Totally free to do and it'll give you a taster of something that you might enjoy but couldn't afford any other way!  What are your interests?  What have you enjoyed most in your life so far?  Is there something that you've always wanted to try but never got around to trying for whatever reason?  It doesn't have to be studying, it could be knitting or painting or creative writing or starting a blog or learning html... something just for you?

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 11:31:12 AM »
There are online courses (MOOCS) to do, but I have done a lot of courses in my lifetime.   If I am occupied with a course, it does give a welcome distraction to whatever else is going on, they do have their uses.  Ultimately I'd exchange any course for a job, because it's the only thing that keeps me sane.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 08:28:01 AM »
Totally agree with you about the courses... I've done loads this year just to keep my brain ticking over!  Maybe you could search for MOOCS and start working through all the ones that sound interesting?  That way you can put it on your CV that you've been studying whilst looking for a job which has helped you to grow as a person.  Open Learn courses give you statements of participation and some of them offer badges that you can add to your CV too.

I know it's hard to live when you haven't got much to focus on, but by doing online courses and learning things that you can show online (html, blogs, websites etc) then you are showing potential future employers that you've used your time away from work wisely   :hug:

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 10:18:51 PM »
Life is hard when you're stuck in a rut and suffer with depression  :hug:

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 07:16:10 PM »
The only grad jobs i have ever seen is for people with a BA/BSc etc and I don't have one of those.  My life truly IS in a massive rut and I can't get out of it.  I go to an employability place not far from me (it is about 15 miles away) and I spent 3-4 hours looking at indeed trying to find something to apply for.  I went back home in the lowest of moods - I don't see any end to this situation and am fed up of those that don't seem to get it or care.  I can jobsearch from home, so honestly wth is the point me going to this place in the first place.  I am 47 and nothing has really been achieved in my life - nobody cares or understands, so I wonder is there a point in my being on this paltry, boring planet?   God knows if I know the answer to that question; maybe somebody else does?

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 09:34:24 AM »
I thought BA and BSc were the only two graduate courses you could do??  Which graduate qualification have you got please 'cos I is getting very confuzzled... what are your qualifications and what sort of jobs are you looking to do please Lost?  Maybe PM me your CV and I'll do my best to help you online?  Maybe consider applying for a few non-graduate jobs as you don't have a BA or BSc?

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 10:33:39 AM »
I have a DipHE, which is like foundation degree level.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 10:52:21 AM »
Ah right, okey dokes, so you haven't graduated yet then?  What is your DipHE in and what sort of the area of the UK are you in so that I can help you to look for jobs if you want me to?

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 10:57:49 AM »
Also, which University did you get your diploma from?  Can they give you any advice on getting a job?   :hug:

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 11:02:42 AM »
Yeah I graduated in October.  It's from the Open University.  I am in the northwest of England (Cheshire).

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »
Okey dokes, what sort of diploma is it - what did you study at the OU and how far are you willing to travel from Cheshire?  Did your tutor help you with ideas of places you could look for jobs?  How about a temping job just while you're looking for something permanent?  That's how I got my permanent job before I became disabled!   :hug:

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »
I just need commercial experience.  It was in computing and IT, so a STEM subject.  It's been a very tough nut to crack.