General > I need to vent!

Latest

(1/17) > >>

lostmyway:
THERE IS NO POINT TO ANYTHING ANYMORE.

Amanda_George:
I understand... let it all out here on the forum - things can and do get better, promise.

lostmyway:
Someone got a job after doing a degree and i am still struggling like mad to find something. I am just sick of it.  There's no end to it all... everyday is the same. I am 47 and feel like I have done nothing significant with my life; I cannot turn the clock back.  So like I said, I feel nothing has a point anymore, I just exist and nothing else.  The only person that gives a damn is my mother and she's in her 80, and annoying as hell.  I get no respite from it all, it just goes on and on...

Amanda_George:
I know that right now it doesn't feel like it will end and understand the daily struggle you are going through, but you are getting through each day despite how hard it is.

Is there anything totally new to you that you can just test the water of for a while like I did with the child psychology bit?  Totally free to do and it'll give you a taster of something that you might enjoy but couldn't afford any other way!  What are your interests?  What have you enjoyed most in your life so far?  Is there something that you've always wanted to try but never got around to trying for whatever reason?  It doesn't have to be studying, it could be knitting or painting or creative writing or starting a blog or learning html... something just for you?

lostmyway:
There are online courses (MOOCS) to do, but I have done a lot of courses in my lifetime.   If I am occupied with a course, it does give a welcome distraction to whatever else is going on, they do have their uses.  Ultimately I'd exchange any course for a job, because it's the only thing that keeps me sane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version