Author Topic: Family walkies  (Read 4614 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Family walkies
« on: June 16, 2018, 10:33:51 AM »
Just got back from taking Mitzi (our senior pup that we rescued almost 8 years ago) on the first family walkies we've had for a while and it's really lifted my mood and other than being cream crackered, it's lifted Steve's mood too!

It was only to the end of the road and back and took less than 15 minutes but we're all feeling more positive after the walk all three of us did this morning.

I know it appears that I'm shoving exercise down your throat which we all get frustrated by, but you don't even need to get out of breath, just a quick walk up and down your street in the morning will set you up for the day!

Time to down me cocktail of supplements now!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Family walkies
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 08:56:09 PM »
We get Cassie out for a walk at least twice a day so what makes it more interesting is when our youngest cat decides he is going to follow us.  Jacob has even less road sense than Cassie if that is possible.  Last night he came out with me and Cassie and decided to stand in the middle of the road even though a car was coming along.  He was unceremoniously picked up and put down again on the pavement.  We were about to cross the road again, a car was coming along so I waited but Jacob decided he was crossing anyway.  The car stopped so I crossed with Cassie and said to a family, who were walking along, that he doesn't have any road sense which made them laugh ... it was really funny.

Rick and I are getting back into a routine of going to the gym even though we have our limitations - osteoarthritis - yet we always feel so much better afterwards.   

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Family walkies
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »
You are so right Pip!  Steve hasn't joined us since, but our morning walkies really lift my mood and get me set up for the day   :happy0064:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.