Author Topic: Just heard back about the PIP tribunal  (Read 7387 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Just heard back about the PIP tribunal
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »
I've been awarded standard rate care (1 point off enhanced annoyingly) and nothing for mobility because, apparently, I can walk more than 50 metres but less than 200 without support.

The letter said about appealing to the upper tribunal if I didn't agree but, even though I don't agree with the decision, I don't want to risk losing the award I've been given.

I just hope I'm awarded ESA again in November otherwise I won't even be able to cover the groceries let alone my bills!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Just heard back about the PIP tribunal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 07:29:58 PM »
Appeal. 

Stewart applied for PIP and got awarded enhanced rate of motability but wasn't awarded PIP so we suggested he appealed.  He did that and still got turned down so took it to tribunal.  Rick went along with him and Stewart then got awarded the standard rate afterwards which got back dated to the date he applied for it.

The crazy thing is I applied for PIP back in 2013 and was awarded the enhanced rate of PIP and Motability in 2014 which was back dated but this was dropped to standard rate after my last medical.  What really annoys me is that Stewart is more able-bodied than I am yet I have had my motability dropped from the enhanced rate to the standard rate.  As for PIP I need more help so that has just infuriated me so I'm at the point of waiting for a date for tribunal.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 11:20:32 AM by Amanda_George »

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 11:18:59 AM »
This was the appeal... I didn't get anything when I applied and for the mandatory consideration and apparently the assessor examined me and said there was nothing wrong with my mobility which is total b****x because all he did was sit next to me on the sofa for 10 minutes then b****red off!

Steve was awarded standard rate for both parts because he went to the appeal and used a zimmer frame yet I can't even walk to the end of the street on me own let alone cross roads and need to use a wheelchair to get to my GP and into town, but that didn't matter because apparently I can walk without assistance so I'm not entitled to it!!

They paid more attention to the assessors report that was totally wrong than me and Steve saying I can't go anywhere alone... I can't even leave the street but apparently there's nothing wrong with my mobility!!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 09:26:33 PM »
Sorry to be dense but when you appealed was it by letter only or did you appeal against the appeal decision to take it to tribunal where you go to court?

I'm waiting for a date for the tribunal as I'm not happy that my health is worse yet someone has decided that I am fitter despite the fact that osteoarthritis doesn't get better, it gets worse.  It is worth getting advice from the CAB.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 09:47:46 AM »
I applied but didn't get any points so I went through the mandatory reconsideration, still didn't get any points so went to appeal where I got standard personal care and nothing for mobility.  I'm glad I got *something* at the appeal, just not the level I think I *should* be getting    :(

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 09:06:53 PM »
I think they are trying to be tough but it's the genuine people who suffer  :(

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 09:10:44 AM »
You are so right, Pip!