Author Topic: fighting depression and getting back in shape  (Read 115771 times)

jali

• Karma Group
Re: fighting depression and getting back in shape
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2018, 12:26:58 PM »
added subtitles to the video, you should be able to understand what is being said :happy0158:

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2018, 01:55:06 PM »
Thank you so much for adding the subtitles... makes it a lot easier to follow now   :happy0064:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2018, 04:36:03 PM »
Thank you so much for adding the subtitles... makes it a lot easier to follow now   :happy0064:

your welcome, it didn't dawn on me that it would be hard to understand, I've been listening to this guy for some time now that it's probably sounds normal to me

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2018, 09:23:08 PM »
It's not you, it was the background noise that interfered with my understanding of what he was saying but the subtitles really helped, so thank you for adding them!   :biggrin:

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2018, 12:44:01 PM »
feeling a little disheartened, sometimes it's the people closet to you that are the ones that can say things that hurt the most, I do all these animations and extra things in life and "THEY" still think I'm a loser, why can't I be like everyone else, is what they say, because i'm NOT, that's why,

if anyone here can retweet or pass on my animations to people you know it'll be much appreciated, i'll prove them all wrong one day, sorry for the rant, been eating away at me, since yesterday,  :bash:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2018, 09:02:53 PM »
I'm so sorry they hurt you and I totally agree with you, you're doing your best and you are really good at it too!  You've got more talent in your little toenail than I will ever have.  You can do it, don't listen to the people tearing you down, they are just jealous of your creativity is all.   :hug: if you want it?

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »
thanks for replying, they want me to be a drone, a sheep, to follow without question, but I refuse, i'd rather go with out, then sell my soul,
I'd rather toil in the dirt for years trying to achieve my dreams, then work some dead end job. it's not like I don't have money, because I do, a decent amount, it's never enough, some times I wonder why. god does it infuriate me :bash:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2018, 09:53:26 AM »
I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to reply!  Totally agree with you about needing a fulfilling job and I definitely agree that you should work somewhere that does your heart good, rather than dreading every day of work!  I hope you find something soon and that you find it fulfiling when you eventually find it!

Keep on keeping on and it'll happen for you eventually!

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2018, 11:49:04 AM »
New Chris D'elia Eminem rap parody animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhOwzbuXxLM&t=11s

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
You're doing really well!  Maybe keep a list of all your links that you can give to prospective employers so that they can see just how talented you are?

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2018, 06:28:02 PM »
thanks for the advise, believe it or not I worked for a big company doing this kind of stuff, the only downside was you get worked like a dog, I want to do my own thing, be my own master so to speak, this latest video has done well I've got 500+ views and it's only been 1 day, usually it takes weeks or months to get that many, someone was kind enough to retweet it and it got a lot of likes, will do more comedian stuff, they usually appreciate it when someone does things like this for them

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2018, 07:33:28 PM »
I can see why you got so many views!  Do you post it on Facebook and Twitter too then?  I think I asked you this before and you said you did, I just can't remember for sure... sowwy!

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2018, 02:04:00 PM »
yeah, I do post on facebook and twitter, I don't have many friends on facebook, only a handful, and the same goes for twitter, twitter is better because you can send direct messages to famous people, and it isn't considered creepy or annoying, i'm hoping someone recognises my efforts and I can get a following to do the thing I love the most, which is be creative, i'm more of a lone wolf type person, I don't really like working with other people, it's not that I can't I just prefer working by myself,

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2018, 05:10:59 PM »
I know precisely nothing about how the animation world works, but is there a society you can join to help you to expand your reach or anything?  Not an agency or anything (unless you want to of course) but like peer support and crits from others who are animators too?  Similar to this forum but instead of being a depression support group, maybe a peer group for animators so that you can get feedback on your works, gain contacts in the industry and find the sort of job that you want... some way to earn money by working on your own but still that support to give and receive when you want/need it?  Like SCBWI and the SoA for children's writers and illustrators?

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2018, 09:21:31 PM »
I'll be passing on your animations  :happy0158: - my mum was the worst for putting me down which just encouraged me to be me and not what she wanted me to be.