Author Topic: fighting depression and getting back in shape  (Read 118914 times)

jali

• Karma Group
Re: fighting depression and getting back in shape
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2023, 04:52:13 PM »
That's awesome, Jali!  Your hard work obviously shows through and you've got an incredible talent that's up there with the pro's!

thanks, i'm always trying to improve and build upon what i have learnt, I work really hard on the animations, on average they take 12 weeks, unfortunately i'm not getting the youtube views I would have hoped for, maybe someday I will be a successful youtube animator :chin:

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2023, 09:56:53 AM »
Your hard work really shows!

Sorry you aren't getting the views you were hoping for - if you have a website then maybe put them on there with a link to your site in all your sigs and stuff?  Don't you dare give up, the views will start slowly increasing and you might get overwhelmed then!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #347 on: September 12, 2023, 10:48:19 AM »
Your hard work really shows!

Sorry you aren't getting the views you were hoping for - if you have a website then maybe put them on there with a link to your site in all your sigs and stuff?  Don't you dare give up, the views will start slowly increasing and you might get overwhelmed then!

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the kind words, I wont give up, it's just that I work so hard on my animations and get very little recognition, I know I just need to keep pushing forward and maybe some day I'll catch a break, who knows :chin:

here a new animation, it's an intro for one of my favorited podcasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1VCEa9MbDE

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #348 on: September 12, 2023, 08:34:19 PM »
 :happy0158: well done

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2023, 06:53:59 AM »
That's awesome!

I'm so proud of you!

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #350 on: September 15, 2023, 05:40:32 PM »
That's awesome!

I'm so proud of you!

thank you so very much, it's been a good few years since I created this thread, i've come along way, I some times have the a bad day or two, but the support and kind words I get from this site really help alot,

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #351 on: September 16, 2023, 05:57:35 PM »
Who are you animating for, Jali? 

Maybe take a look deep inside your heart and just make sure that you're doing it for the right reasons (ie for you instead of for the views)?

You sound like me in many ways when I first started doing my blog - I was searching for things to put in it for other people instead of myself and I got very low and even suicidal when I didn't get as many views as I wanted each day but I came to a realisation that I need to do it for me and if other people want to read my mad mutterings then that's a bonus, but my main reason is that I need to get things out of my head and somewhere that I can hold myself accountable.

What I'm saying and probably failing at, is that you need to look at this selfishly... do it because you enjoy it rather than for getting the views... they should be a bonus rather than the main reason.

Sorry if I've hurt you by saying that.

:arms: if you'll accept it from me now?

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2023, 04:55:13 PM »
Who are you animating for, Jali? 

Maybe take a look deep inside your heart and just make sure that you're doing it for the right reasons (ie for you instead of for the views)?

You sound like me in many ways when I first started doing my blog - I was searching for things to put in it for other people instead of myself and I got very low and even suicidal when I didn't get as many views as I wanted each day but I came to a realisation that I need to do it for me and if other people want to read my mad mutterings then that's a bonus, but my main reason is that I need to get things out of my head and somewhere that I can hold myself accountable.

What I'm saying and probably failing at, is that you need to look at this selfishly... do it because you enjoy it rather than for getting the views... they should be a bonus rather than the main reason.

Sorry if I've hurt you by saying that.

:arms: if you'll accept it from me now?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I create these animations for myself, yes it would be nice to get the views, because lets face who doesn't like lots of views right?, ultimately I do it because i've  always loved art, animation and all things creative, I studied animation at university and even worked for a big graphic design studio, but I was creating the art they wanted and not my own, that was the driving force behind doing these youtube animations, I know as long as I keep creating theses animations I will eventually get the recognition I would like, I've had a good few people on youtube tell me my animations are cool and my channel is underrated which is always nice,

anyway I just finished another animation hope you guys like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT0xuwYmpyY&t=36s

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #353 on: November 17, 2023, 06:36:33 AM »
Those people complimenting your animations are soo right!  You've got an awesome talent there!

Your new animation is awesome!  Keep it up for as long as you enjoy doing it!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #354 on: November 17, 2023, 08:59:24 PM »
You never know who will view your youtube channel so keep it up  :happy0158:

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #355 on: January 28, 2024, 12:03:48 PM »
You never know who will view your youtube channel so keep it up  :happy0158:

yeah, You never know who will view a channel, i've had a number of people say very nice things and that my channel is underrated, maybe someday i'll make it, anyway I've completed a new animation, I tried some new things in this one, hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDxB-_ArLig

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #356 on: January 28, 2024, 05:46:33 PM »
I've got no idea who Scott Pilgrim is, but the speed of their speech must have taken forever to animate!  This is your best one so far, Jali!

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #357 on: February 01, 2024, 10:37:21 AM »
I've got no idea who Scott Pilgrim is, but the speed of their speech must have taken forever to animate!  This is your best one so far, Jali!

thanks for the kind words, yeah the speed of the speech was hard at times, i'm glad you think its my best, I tried out some new things in this one,

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #358 on: February 02, 2024, 02:22:32 PM »
Keep up the great work, Jali!

jali

• Karma Group
« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2024, 01:34:30 PM »
Created another short animation, dont know if you heard about that piano guy and the Chinese people arguing over being filmed. decided to do a parody of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko3nPcE1hz4