Author Topic: im back  (Read 12683 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: im back
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2016, 07:32:08 PM »
Is it possible for you to sleep during the day?  If you can, how about going to bed at lunchtime instead of at night?  Or go to sleep whenever you're tired, no matter what the time is?  Maybe make yourself believe you are working the nightshift or something?  Maybe you can have a word with your doc about what you're going through to see if there's anything they can suggest? 

:hug: if you want it!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2016, 10:11:40 PM »
im just not sure what to do. i got a book on overcoming insomnia and it says stay awake all day otherwise u wnt sleep at nightime, but i need zopiclone anyway. suppose i could lie on the couch and watch tv and see what happens

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2016, 12:01:14 PM »
Ah right, OK, going to sleep at lunchtime and slowly pushing myself to go to bed at night instead of during the day was what worked for me is all   :smile:  You need to find what works for you though    :tongue0015:

If you can fall asleep but not in bed, maybe you need to replace the mattress to see if that helps?  That's another thing I did this year and I fall asleep so much easier now   :happy0158:

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 08:21:56 PM »
hi. last few days i have had great sleep. felt fantastic all day today. but for some reason my body is stressing, cant work out why. is it my brain trying to ruin all the good work i have done or is it the mirt just not working???

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2016, 10:04:20 PM »
I'm not a doc so can't answer your question, but maybe make an appointment with your doc to ask?  Maybe a phone appointment initially?  Explain to the receptionist that it's just a question about your meds so do you need to go in person or is a phone appointment more appropriate sorta thing?   :chin:

nomoredrama

• Karma Group
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 03:23:46 PM »
I too really struggle when I cannot sleep. For me I cannot sleep because my anxiety levels are so high. I know how depressing it can be being wide awake at night and the feelings of helplessness.
I can understand why the even thought of sleep might make you panic. For me the thought of no sleep makes me panic as I have had very poor mental health after a few days of no sleep. The brain started to play tricks on me and I became very anxious. The best thing I found when I  struggle with sleep is to try and relax. Easier said than done! There's some good you tube videos on relaxation, meditation ect which I found helped distract my anxious mind. I also got a prescription of zolpidem (I'm allergic to zopiclone) to try and make myself fall asleep again. I set a goal to get ready for bed come 10pm. I am still doing this and am finding that the days I "prepare" to go to sleep with unwinding for the day and relaxing for bed are the days I am able to get off to sleep easier. The days I just go to bed without winding down I find are the days I'm lying awake until 3am worrying and feeling very awake. Hope some of these tips that have helped me helps you :)