Author Topic: im back  (Read 12980 times)

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
Re: im back
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 04:52:23 PM »
Yeah I do all that. Even have a camomile tea. I drop off but wake up within seconds. So spend all night just waking e very few seconds.its horrible because all I do is thing of my sleep all day everyday

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 08:52:34 PM »
How about a bit of reverse psychology (or whatever it's called)?  Tell yourself that you're too busy and there is too much still to do and you're not tired yet etc etc and spend all night defrosting the fridge and doing the ironing and deep cleaning the carpets etc... make things up if you struggle to find enough to keep you going all night and really get stuck in to it all so that you don't have time to even think about sleeping... spend a couple of sleepless nights and days like that and you'll find that you collapse into bed in exhaustion and fall asleep because you are so tired. 

Are you very creative?  If you are, challenge yourself to bake and decorate a cake in the early hours or write a novella before midnight or paint/draw/colour a new piece of art before 2am or something like that?  If you have any hobbies, spend the night sorting out your CD collection or researching something or studying a distance learning course etc. 

Is there something you've always wanted to try but you keep talking yourself out of for whatever reason?  Give it a go during the night while you're awake... post on forums, read emails, talk to people across the world from you etc... make use of the quiet times to do things just for you.

Hopefully if you try not to sleep, it'll just happen from pure exhaustion after a couple of days   ;)
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 10:17:28 PM »
yeah. i think i will do something like that just to break the cycle of fearing sleeptime. could relax and watch some of my favourite comedies. i cant draw for toffee.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 12:15:49 PM »
Tell yourself that you don't want to sleep, you want to watch the telly and stuff until you fall asleep on the sofa or whatever.  Do things that will keep you awake so that you're too exhausted not to sleep the next day... might take a few days, but with every day that passes you'll get more and more wiped out until your body goes along with the "must sleep" road and you'll be able to sleep until your body recovers then you just repeat the process every time you go to bed!   :happy0158:

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 12:55:30 PM »
Hi. Yeah that's an interesting thought my mood has lifted significantly today, I actually feel happy. Slept yesterday with another zopiclone. After tonight gonna try without. Don't feel the mirtazapine does much at 45mg for sleep. Also starting taking a magnesium supplement which helps anxiety. For the first time in a week I got a little hope for the future

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
As long as you don't mind dark circles under your eyes, it's what worked for me!  Now I just take me AD and AP, stay downstairs until I can barely keep my eyes open, then read a magasine until my body pleads for sleep lol

How would you feel about asking your GP to test your vitamin levels?  I'm low in B12 and really feel it when I forget to take the pills... maybe it's the same for you too?

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 10:12:44 PM »
taking b12 already. got my diabetic nurse tomorrow. so will see what she says

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 10:18:16 AM »
I hope things go well with your nurse today!  Hopefully she'll be able to help with other suggestions too   :happy0158:

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 03:40:27 PM »
They testing my thyroid again.might not go to bed today. Just the thought of sleep makes me panic

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 08:52:05 PM »
 :bye: sorry I haven't posted here until now.  My husband got diagnosed with sleep apnea 4 years ago and did try using the machine but a few masks later stopped.  I wonder at times what needs to happen for him to realize how serious the condition can be.

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 09:16:37 PM »
yeah. its pretty dangerous when your oxygen levels drop. my wife dont like it when i take zopiclone cos i still not been confirmed on the sleep apnoa front. but she says my breathing and snoring is worse

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 10:18:34 AM »
Steve used the mask for a few weeks and he did feel better using it, but stopped for some reason!  I hope you get the diagnosis and help soon, Joe!

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »
im having a great day so far. feeling positive and not stressing about my sleep. think its the only way im gonna beat this is not to let sleep prob affect my mood. :D

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 04:14:52 PM »
That's awesome, Joe!  I hope it continues like that for you!   :happy0158:

milkyjoe

• Karma Group
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »
not so good now. hate feeling up and down all the time. get really anxious as bedtime approaches :(