Author Topic: The idiot at the end of the road  (Read 5798 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
The idiot at the end of the road
« on: May 15, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »
There's an idiot at the end of the road who, every time he sees me walking Mitzi, he says "if your dog pisses there you'll have to clear it up".

The first time he said it, Steve phoned the council and the police and we're not doing anything wrong... it's not illegal for a dog to wee on the street, just poo.  Yes, Mitzi does sometimes poo on the street but when she does, I bring her home, get the long-handled pooper scooper from our yard and a nappy sack out of the pack in the kitchen and go and clear it up.  Always have, always will.  I don't enjoy it but it comes with the responsibility of owning a dog.

Mitzi usually only wee's outside her house then that's it until we come home.  I can count the number of times she's wee'd elsewhere on the street on one hand and still have fingers left.

So, I'm going to keep walking Mitzi down that side of the road because it's a public footpath and we're not doing anything wrong.  Next time the bloke says it to me I'll just say something along the lines of "this is a public footpath.  The police have already told us that we're not breaking the law so please leave me alone" then carry on with Mitzi's walk.  If he says anything about it after that I'll get him arrested for harassing me and Mitzi.

He thinks he owns the whole flippin' street but he doesn't and we're not breaking any laws so leave me alone!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: The idiot at the end of the road
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:23:21 PM »
There is always one that likes to cause problems.  How are you supposed to clear up a dog's wee anyway  :confused0062: ?

I remember years ago when somebody had a go at me because our dog decided to wee before I got away from a train platform.  My response was, "What am I supposed to do about it - put a cork up him?"

He couldn't answer me and a couple of people started laughing as they liked my response.  Anyway some people are plain stupid and expect people not to walk their dogs or make sure they have done their business at home first.   

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:59:31 AM »
Yup!  I reckon the bloke either reads here or my blog because we saw him twice on Mitzi's walk this morning and he kept quiet both times!  Am I allowed to use your comment if he says anything again?  I love it!  lol   :happy0158:

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »
Yes you can  :smile: ... I have used a gems over the years  ;)

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 10:31:48 AM »
Thank you so much, Pip!  The idiot wasn't even outside this morning!  lol

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »
He had another go at me this morning so Steve phoned the police.  Every time he has a go at me from now on, we've got to phone and report it so that the police can put a file together on him for anti-social behaviour.

Apparently Mitzi is upsetting his son's dog every morning and I'm not allowed to walk Mitzi down a public footpath any more, I've got to walk her in the road!  Mr Mature even put a bin in the middle of the path so that me and Mitzi couldn't get past it!

So, basically, from now on I just need to keep walking Mitzi and reporting it to the police every time he has a go at us so that they  can build up a case against him - we're not breaking the law, he is.

Apparently Mr Mature's dog was barking at 5am this morning.  Mitzi was asleep in her bed.  How can the other dog be getting upset by Mitzi at 5am when she's not even left the room let alone the house!?

If he thinks he can get rid of us by having a go at me then he's got another think coming... I'll keep walking Mitzi and report it to the police every time he has a go at us!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 05:55:10 PM »
Just had a call from the PCSO who's taken on the case.

She's going to have a chat with the idiot on Tuesday and tell him to back off then let me know what's happening.  I'm hoping he'll leave us (me an' Mitzi) alone but if it get's worse then I'll go back to the police... and it'll be like that the whole time until he stops being a PITA!

If it had been 5 years ago I'd never have even mentioned it to Steve, let alone the police, but I'm stronger now and he will not get away with it now!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »
Sorry for not responding.  The idiot sounds as bad as the next door neighbour we had before we moved to our current address.  Some people don't have anything better to do than be nasty to one person and it never occurs to them how much damage they do but I don't think they care either.  Our old neighbour didn't take a blind bit of notice of our housing officer and continued to aggravate the situation whereas we ignored him except for two occasions.  The first time he was screaming his head off at me about not cleaning up after our dogs in our - we did - and I remained polite and firm that he was speaking a load of nonsense.  He told me their mess was all over garden to which I responded it wasn't and asked him to point out where to which he continued to rant so I went in.  The second time I completely flipped and Rick came out as he was sick of the neighbour being so rude and nasty.  We had the police out that time and the neighbour was actually honest so he was advised not to speak to us again which he ignored.  The HA were able to step up to the mark as the police were involved but we arranged our own move as they were dragging their feet.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 10:04:54 AM »
Thank you Pip!  It sounds like there are people out there that have got nothing better to do with their time!   :o

Jayfur

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 11:02:23 AM »
That's made me laugh, just what I needed  :)
Success is relative: I'm still here, that makes me a success  :)

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »
I please to aim, Jayfur!   ;)

Jayfur

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 10:38:56 PM »
I have three dogs and have encountered some fools on my walks who say ridiculous things, sadly sometimes it's dog owners, usually older people with a little dog on a lead, mine run up to theirs barking hello, and they panic and act like mine are going to kill theirs - they don;t understand that dogs are social creatures and need to be allowed to say hello in their own doggy way.
Success is relative: I'm still here, that makes me a success  :)

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 07:53:02 PM »
Yup, totally agree Jayfur!    ;D

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »
OK, so, hopefully the final update to this vent... I was walking the pup this morning and the wife of the idiot approached me and said that their issue was with me looking at them when I walked the pup, and pausing at the end of the street.  If I didn't do it any more, there wouldn't be a problem.  Fine by me!  If the idiot had talked to me like a human being about it instead of threatening me and the pup then there wouldn't have been an issue!  For either of us! 

Apparently that was the issue with the son too... that we stopped outside his gate and let the dogs bark at each other.  Nope, we walked up to the end of the street and came back, we have never stopped there, but I wasn't going to say that to inflame the situation!

So, tomorrow I'm going to walk Mitzi back down to where the idiot lives and look straight ahead of me the whole time.  If the idiot doesn't like it, he needs to talk to his wife about our conversation this morning!

Wish me luck!   ;)

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
After the idiot took the photo's of me on Monday, we contacted the police again and they've been and gone.  We aren't doing anything wrong, the idiot just wants me to keep Mitzi away from his cats.  Fine by me!  If he'd been polite and just asked me to stay away, I would have done, but nope, he was being anti-social so I got the police involved.

Basically, I just need to not take Mitzi down by his house any more and keep reporting any other issues to the police control room so that they can build up a file on him if needs be and they are passing on the file to another department who will deal with it from now on.

IOW as long as I don't take the pup up past number 9 or number 1 there won't be any more problems.  Fine by me!  I don't like involving the police, and I don't want to take it further, but at the same time I don't like being threatened and photographed without my permission either!

It's up to him now.  If he avoids me, I'll avoid him.  If he decides to ignore the police again I'll just keep on reporting it!

Sorted!