Author Topic: anxiety in overdrive  (Read 3131 times)

weenancy

• Karma Group
anxiety in overdrive
« on: March 09, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »
 hi i haven't visited for a while!  i feel like i am going a wee bit mad here!!  my anxiety has taken over big style probably since January and for the last couple of weeks i cannot get it under control.  i can get to sleep at night but from the minute i wake up in the morning my stomach is churning my heart thumping and i am constantly tired.  i feel panicky all the time but don't know why, does everyone feel like this, what causes it?  i have no concentration what so ever.  i am off all medication apart from betablockers.  i just cannot seem to get any control on my feelings and am very tearful.  i find it hard to talk to my family about how i am at the moment but my hubby knows it all and has been great even though he doesn't understand how i get like this.  i thought i had depression under control but i really like I'm going a wee bit mad!!!!

I'm rambling!!!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

i had cbt therapy last year which i paid for myself as i had to wait 8 months through the nhs.  this really helped but i now feel I'm back to where i started before i had it and have let myself down because of how i feel.  i have re booked an appointment but am really anxious about going!!!

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
Re: anxiety in overdrive
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »
Hi weenancy,
welcome back to the forums, I see you mention you are only on Betablockers, were you ever on any other medication in the past?
understandable having such a long wait for cbt on the nhs is frustrating tom say the least.
i would say have a good chat to your doc if you can
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

weenancy

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »
hi stewart

thanks, i was on citalopram before which really did help.  when i went to docs this time i did not see my own doctor but another doctor in the practise who did not want to put me back on the meds.  he doesn't like to just hand out drugs.  i came away not feeling any better about going and he wanted me to persevere with how i am feeling for another 2 weeks and go back and see him.  i have made another appointment this time with my own gp who has known me since i was about 16.  i don't want to be ony medication all the time but i know it helps me.

i have been trying all my relaxation stuff but nothings wirking today grrrrrrrrrrr

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:39:50 PM »
With sleep it's not just about how long you're asleep it's also to do with the quality of sleep you get.  Anxiety isn't going to help either.  CBT can help when you have it as I suffer with anxiety with being in shops causing the worst of it but I'm not so abd in shops now.  Maybe getiing back on meds could help again if you get to see the one that was helpful.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:08:25 PM »
Hi Nancy, unfortunately some docs are not very good to people,
treat them like a number, not a person. fortunately i got a very good doc who treats all her patients like people and listens to them.
hope you have better luck seeing your normal doc next time.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water