Author Topic: Ketamine  (Read 5885 times)

SteveW

• Karma Group
Ketamine
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:03:34 AM »
Over the last 10 years there has been a modest amount of research on the use of Ketamine in Treatment Resistant Depression. One over-excited medical journalist described the results as the most important advance in depression in 50 years. But the treatment hasn't been available in England. That is until a few months ago when a research group in Oxford put out a press release announcing the preliminary results of their work. Here is a link to the media report.

www.ox.ac.uk/media/news_stories/2014/140403.html

Hidden away at the end is a link inviting anyone who suffers from Treatment Resistant Depression to contact them. I decided to post because the link asks one question. "We are planning future clinical trials. Would you be interested in participating."  There is just an outside chance that someone here could get on a trial and have their life transformed. I thought that made it worth a post.
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Ketamine
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:44:51 PM »
Must admit the only times I hear or read about ketamine is when someone has died or suffered badly physically due to over use.  I will check out the link though.