Author Topic: Hello - new member  (Read 3557 times)

Archive

Hello - new member
« on: August 02, 2009, 08:23:27 PM »
ColourMeBlue Hello - Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:27 am 

Hi
I came across this site as I was surfing the internet for depression forums - I was feeling pretty desperate at the time but I came across this site and decided to join. It looks like its been set up recently so I guess it wil take time to get going and I wish you luck with that. I love the colour and layout ...

A bit about me .

I'm heading towards the menopause and my hormones are really screwy. I've tried to cope with all the changes alone without the intervention of doctors or drugs. I have a very supportive husband and great kids --- but I still feel so isolated and certainly feel like I'm a burden to them. More and more (just lately) I've been laying on the sofa or my bed and just tap away at the keys on my laptop-- I feel so pathetic,I really do, and I know this isn't the life for me. I was always extremely active and took care of myself with exercise and good nutrition. All that has changed. I've gained a lot of weight during the last two years ( 40lbs) and that makes me feel very low to begin with. I dont know who I am anymore or how I can possibly make myself well again. I obsess every day about my health - I just dont feel good anymore. Menopause has slowly robbed me of a career, it's prevented me from spending fun time with my daughter, like shopping sprees, cinema..all the fun things that a young teen likes to do --- I am missing out on so much, precious moments that I can never re-gain.....a husband that deserves so much more than I can give....

Two years ago I was a slim attractive woman, very active, and confident...Now I'm a shadow of myself -- I am lost. I dont know this person that I've become. I dont enjoy life anymore and I'm desperate to return to the days when I did.

Yesterday was the turning point for me --- I woke up feeling really terrible. it was like my brain had fell out... ( sorry to be so graphic) but I had this big black cloud over me that I couldn't shake off. It really scared me and I'm still scared.

In three weeks I have an appointment with a therapist.... he has helped a friend of mine who is also going through menopause. I hope he can help me too. I cannot take any form of AD because they dont suit me at all. I wish I could.

Believe it or not I have a happy go lucky nature, always laughing....not just lately though and that makes me very sad for the people around me...

Thank you so much for 'listening' and giving me a place to express my feelings.

I hope you are all coping as best as you can.

Archive

Re: Hello - new member
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 08:24:28 PM »
Ezel  - Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:06 pm 

Hi, the board was set up a while ago but recently revamped for various reasons so it's taken a little while to take off again but members are gradually joining and posting. Hubby picked the layout  and I'm more than happy as blue is my fave colour.

I am so sorry you're going through this. Sometimes I think I am a freak of nature as I'm menopausal but sailing through it without any problems so what you're going through is normal. Hope the therapist is able to help you though.

Archive

Re: Hello - new member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:25:38 PM »
The_Rani - Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm 

Hi and welcome   :D