Author Topic: venlafaxine withdrawal symptoms when still taken!?  (Read 3239 times)

hawk

• Karma Group
venlafaxine withdrawal symptoms when still taken!?
« on: January 08, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
hi iv been on venlafaxine 225mg for a fuw years now and seem to be having withdrawal symptoms like dizziness ect.. but Im still taking it!. the doctor is no help atall, anyone had an experience like this?, it's horrible.

SteveW

• Karma Group
Re: venlafaxine withdrawal symptoms when still taken!?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:53:43 PM »
I have taken Venlafaxine and have experienced the same thing as you. Venlafaxine is a problem in that it has the shortest half life of any of the anti-depressants. The body clears half of it  out of the system in some thing like 4 hours, Prozac takes a week. If you take your doses with absolute regularity this isn't a problem. If you are late by an hour that is quite enough to trigger withdrawal symptoms. My guess would be that you have slipped from regularity, maybe accidentally. I hope things settle down for you.
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

hawk

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 04:22:29 PM »
hi thanks for the reply, thinking about it I have been a bit off with the time I take it. will try and be more regular with it. Venlafaxine is crap stuff wouldn't recommend anyone taking it.

LouiseC63

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 11:56:26 AM »
I'm am also on 225mg and I take mine every single night at 9pm and I've noticed I'm getting brain shiver like I've missed a dose. I just tend to ignore it, it's not that bad but all the same it shouldn't really be happening.

I've just joined and already this has helped knowing that it's not just me that gets this.