Author Topic: Michael frankum  (Read 9175 times)

jim1974

Michael frankum
« on: December 11, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
Hello

I've come onto this forum as i spotted Michael Frankum was a highly active member and must of had some friends on here.

Quoted from local paper.

"Died suddenly on 27th November 2013, at home, aged 55 years.  Dearly loved son, brother and friend.  Will be sadly missed.  Funeral service at Reading Crematorium, West chapel on Tuesday 17th December at 11.15am.  Family flowers only please.  Donations for the British Heart foundation and the cats protection league may be made via www.memorygiving.com/michaelfrankum "

May he rest in peace.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Michael frankum
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:06:18 PM »
Thank you for letting us know.  I was worried because I sent Michael an email on the 1st December and normally he would respond quite quickly.  What's happening to his cat Chloe?  Is his brother going to keep her? 

I'm going to miss him even though we had never met as he was very supportive to members here despite his own health problems.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:09:57 PM by Pip »

jim1974

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 12:23:21 AM »
I'm sorry but i don't know anymore information than what I've shared.  It only came to light when we saw the memorial in the paper.
I did a name search on him on the net to see if I could find anymore information myself and found this site.  I saw that he had lots of posts and figured he had friends here.  I assumed that internet friends wouldn't of got the news as one of his close friends in Reading didn't know until we passed it on after spotting the memorial.
Myself having friends online I would want them to know if something had happened to me so I took it upon myself to do this last thing for him.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »
Thank you and I really do appreciate it as Micheal was popular here so he will be missed.  I know Michael had let his brother look after Chloe because of his health as he had emailed me privately.  I suspect his brother still has his cat.  My husband and I have been having a chat over donating money through the site you posted as he was such a good friend to me. 

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »
Rest in peace Michael. You were such a wonderful man.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Leo

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »
R.I.P Michael, this is devasting news.
I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 09:21:52 PM »
Completely devestated. Thank you so much for letting us know x

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
Well this has rocked me a bit :( devastated too! such a kind hearted,  caring supportive guy from what i knew...

R.I.P Micheal -  gone but not forgotton x
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

D 2006

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 11:10:28 PM »
I am genuinely saddened to hear this news. I have not been around here for some time and never even talked with Michael, but anybody with depression (and a cat lover) is a brother and friend of mine by default.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends, and also to all his friends on here.

RIP Michael 

athens1982

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 11:24:15 AM »
I too am so sad at this news. I joined this site at a very low point of my life and Michael and I have kept in regular contact . He was a great suport to me and I will really miss his friendly messages. I thought of him only yesterday and was going to send a message today. I hope all he finds peace in his next life. He was dealt a rough deal in this one.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 07:05:13 PM »
R.I.P Michael, you will be sadly missed on the forums.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

MamaLou

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 08:08:47 PM »
I think of Michael often. He shouldn't be forgotten. He was a true friend. Miss you Michael. X x x

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 09:37:26 PM »
I'm the same and still have the last email Michael sent me 11 days before he died.  He wasn't at all well then yet I don't want to delete it yet as it is a reminder of how special he was and cared about so many of us despite everything he was going through.