Author Topic: any advice on pregabalin  (Read 2935 times)

stac23

any advice on pregabalin
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:49:01 PM »
just started PREGABALIN today, 25mg two twice a day so that's about 100mg a day, can't seem to find any meds that are effective for me, anyone any experiences of this drug and it's side effects?  :bash: feel like this today

SteveW

• Karma Group
Re: any advice on pregabalin
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »
If you want to find out about any drug you should make friends with the Electronic Medicine Compendium, This contains the Summary of Product Characteristics for
just about every drug. The SPC is part of the application that a drug company has to make to get its approval. It can get a bit technical at times but will contain everything you might want to know about Pregabalin and then some. Here is the link for Pregabalin

www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/14651
Sometimes the light is shining on me
Other times I can barely see
Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange, trip it's been

robinbrum

Re: any advice on pregabalin
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:43:16 PM »
I took this about a 18 months ago after quite a battle to get it prescribed by my GP as it is very much "off-label" when being given for depression
I only lasted a few months with it. At first I noticed it was definitely making me a bit calmer, particularly in social situations. Trouble is I needed more and more of it and decided it wasn't for me.
Downside: significant weight gain and "spaced out" feelings, some would liken to alcohol or cannabis, neither of which, in my opinion. are particularly helpful to people suffering with depression.
Don't let that put you off though as for some people it has proved to be very useful