Author Topic: Stephen Fry tried to commit suicide last year with a 'huge a number of pills...  (Read 1878 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption

fighting_the_tide

• Karma Group
When I first found out about this - I wasn't surprised as many people may have been. After all - famous people/celebrities be it panel shows/blockbuster movies/sitcoms or other outlets (regardless of what they are) - are as human as the rest of us - and are as likely as we are in an overall average group to develop depression in multiple formats - attempt suicide - but the one thing they have for certain is that they've made the best of a "bad situation" with what they've gone through/got diagnosed with etc.

Some people may think I'm completely bonkers for saying it - but there are those who don't like to hear about celebrity lifestyles because it "rubs it in the faces of those whose hard work seems to go unnoticed". Yet my view is - don't complain about what they have that you don't - make the best of what you know you CAN do. It's not always easy when in the grip of depression - but who else is going to live your life if you're not?

JC

• Karma Group
Famous people/celebrities are just as human as the rest of us. The major difference is that due to their fame/celebrity their lives are the subject of media attention and public scrutiny, which the rest of us don't have to deal with. I would think this could probably make them more susceptible to developing a depressive illness, if they were not already suffering from depression.

It is very hard to imagine what it must feel like to have your darkest moments splashed across the red tops for the 'entertainment' of the public.