Author Topic: Type 2 Bi-polar diagnosis  (Read 6568 times)

Grandma

• Karma Group
Type 2 Bi-polar diagnosis
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:07:58 PM »
Hi

I was diagnosed yesterday with Type 2 Bi-polar disorder. I had suspected for some time that this could be the problem, but I have avoided looking at it too much on the internet etc.

Has anyone else got this diagnosis? Do you have 'normal' periods? I am so tired of being constantly up and down, to know that there could be a time in the future when I can relax and feel that things are on an even keel, would give me something to work towards.

The other thing is will therapy help? I'm on meds; Venlafaxine, Tegretol and Quetiapine.

Big hugs xxx

Buttercup

• Banned
Re: Type 2 Bi-polar diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »
I'm bipolar, I've done a lot of work on my triggers & self management etc which has helped. Therapy will also help.

I do have normal (ish) periods although I'm med free at the moment, through choice and with the blessing of my Pdoc.

Xxx

Grandma

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 12:51:37 AM »
That sounds positive Buttercup; I feel quite overwhelmed by being so down again! Maybe there is hope for me...

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:03:47 AM »
There's always hope  :bgrin:

I'm actually quite down & struggling at the moment but that due to circumstances.

My Pdoc takes the view that meds are only part if the answer & there are people who manage totally med free. For me it's likely to be a mix.

Xxx

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »

You will experience life of an intensity that most people will not. Use that to your advantage. Thats the best advice I can give, other than by telling you not to kill yourself. Suicide is the worst possible option.