Author Topic: PD Test  (Read 17700 times)

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
PD Test
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
Hi All,

I found this personality disorder test online. I really don't think it will diagnose anything but I just thought it would be interesting for people wondering if they may have a personality disorder and also see if results match anyone who has been diagnosed with a pd. Here it is: http://similarminds.com/personality_disorder.html

here are my results. The second number is the average score from people who take the test:

Paranoid    ||||||||||||    50%    50%
Schizoid    ||||||    26%    40%
Schizotypal    ||||||||||||    42%    56%
Antisocial    ||||||    30%    46%
Borderline    ||||||||||||    50%    45%
Histrionic    ||||||||||||||||||||    90%    35%
Narcissistic    ||||||    30%    40%
Avoidant    ||||||||||||    46%    48%
Dependent    ||||||||||||||    58%    44%
Obsessive-Compulsive    ||||||||||||||    58%    45% 

Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.

Nay

• Karma Group
Re: PD Test
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »
Mine  :-\

Paranoid                   ||||||||||||||||   62%   50%
Schizoid                   ||||||                   30%   40%
Schizotypal                   ||||||||||||           46%   56%
Antisocial                   ||||||||||           34%   46%
Borderline                   ||||||||||||||||||||90%   45%
Histrionic                   ||||||                   22%   35%
Narcissistic                   ||||||                   26%   40%
Avoidant                   ||||||||||||||||   70%   48%
Dependent                   ||||||||||||||||   70%   44%
Obsessive-Compulsive   ||||||||||           34%   45%

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 10:24:02 PM »
Hi Nay,

That's the Highest score I've ever seen for borderline. Remember though this is just an internet quiz and not a diagnosis.

Have you ever been diagnosed with anything?
Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »
Just depression. CMHT refuse to help me and say I just need to get out more and make some friends. They also said in their report that I showed 'no suicidal ideation', even though I have overdosed twice and told them I had suicidal thoughts pretty much all the time.

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:39 PM »
Sorry to hear about this, it seems to be the same old story. I think the first thing people who go into mental health service should do it take an empathy test, I swear most of them would fail. My G.P. is the same, makes me feel invisible when I'm in the room with her.

I can't believe the advice they gave you about getting out more and making new friends. That's got to be one of the last things on your mind when your moods low.

I can't understand why they would play down a suicide attempt? It sounds like you are screaming out for help and its getting plated down constantly.

Catbrian

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
I agree with captK, the MHT can lack empathy.  In my experience, sometimes they appear to lack brains.  To be told you need to get out more and meet new friends is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  I would most definitely contest that assessment, although, I appreciate how difficult this might be.  I had to push hard to get to where I am now with the CMHT.

A couple of days ago, I did the test again and scored 90% Borderline.  However, I was diagnosed with Borderline a few months ago.  This is a good and reliable test and anyone with a high scoring should discuss it with a Psychiatrist, not Mental Health Workers.  They are not qualified to make diagnosis, certainly not from where I'm standing.

Living with a Personality Disorder is not easy, but it does get easier once a diagnosis is made.  There are specific support groups and therapy available for people with PD.  I understand the symptoms never go away, but "sufferers" can learn to live with them through close supervision and support.

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
I took the test again today and scored 86% for Borderline. This is not something I have ever considered before, and I don't know much about it. Definitely something to look into.

And yes, the CMHT suck. Instead of helping me, they told me to get some friends, but also referred me to our local alcohol addictions unit - even though I don't drink heavily. Only times are have are the times I've OD'd. Don't think it qualifies me to be an alcoholic!

Thanks for your comments and advice guys, this is something I really should look into x

Catbrian

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »
Nay...can I ask, who exactly carried out the assessment? 

I have a feeling it was just the mental health workers and not the Psychiatrist, which I think is inappropriate, as they are not qualified to make a diagnosis. 

IMO, you present serious MH problems and your high scoring in Borderline makes a lot of sense to me, when I consider all your previous posts.  Your suicide attempts and overall MH issues that you talk about have evidently not been picked up by whoever assessed you. 

I had the same problems with my CMHT.  I was too weak to fight, until one day I came very close to jumping in front of a train.  It made me realise this is my life in jeopardy and I had to fight for people to take me seriously. 

I appreciate it is the most difficult thing to do, especially when we're at our lowest.  You need help and support to challenge them to reconsider.  Usually attached to NHS services, there are "Patient liaison" people.  Something like this or specifically request an assessment by a Psychiatrist.  I really hope you can find what you deserve

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 09:30:50 PM »
I've just done the test  "!+

Paranoid    ||||||||||||||||    66%    50%
Schizoid    ||||||    30%    40%
Schizotypal    ||||||    30%    56%
Antisocial    ||||||||||    34%    46%
Borderline    ||||||||||||||||    66%    45%
Histrionic    ||||    18%    35%
Narcissistic    ||    10%    40%
Avoidant    ||||||||||||||||    70%    48%
Dependent    ||||||    30%    44%
Obsessive-Compulsive    ||||||||||||    46%    45%

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »
Hi Nay,

Can I give you a piece of advice. I wouldn't do any reading into BPD until a formal diagnosis has been made. Hypocritical coming from me, I know! The thing is all these personalities types build up everyone's personality and its only when one is persistently causing someone an upset that it would be considered 'disordered.' My view of the word is that this personality type isn't in order with the rest. It's persistently causing the sufferer problems in life. I find that now I'm trying to show everyone how histrionic I am but the thing is when I think back to like therapy these traits stick out anyway. For example I never let my therapist talk, I'm too busy telling him about myself. I get irritated when his phone rang, I was thinking 'this is my time to talk.' Then I watched a vid on YouTube about someone with HPD and sure enough this was one of the things they recommend to look out for in someone with HPD. I've flounced out the room which is a HPD trait. I've asked him "did I do well today?" Grooming for praise. I've considered over dressing which is a HPD trait. So what I'm trying to say is even without trying there is still consistent traits being presented. I just wonder if he's picked up on them.

I would recommend trying to get an assessment from a professional before reading up on things. I would say for that test to be considered acturate it would have to be present for about a year in the test. That said I think you have a reason to ask for help.

I hope you are well Nay.

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »
Cat, I think one of them was a CPN, the other was a student nurse on placement there. I've hidden my report as I can't bear to see it at the moment, so will check when I'm feeling stronger.

Catbrian

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 09:03:07 PM »
The point CaptK made is very valid and worth remembering before anyone reads too much into the test results.  The symptoms of PD are what essentially make up our personality.  But, as CaptK says, it is when a number of these symptoms are having a consistent significant effect on someone's life that they may have a PD

Nay, I have followed your journal and I understand you need to feel stronger before you can face many things.  It wasn't right how you were treated.  I think you need a lot more support than they are assuming.  I hope things start to feel better for you soon.  You have a lot to overcome... take your time, it will all come together in its own time.  Hard to believe, I know.

BC.. I always admire your determination to soldier on

Leo

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 02:52:58 PM »

Paranoid   ||||||||||||||||||||   82%   50%
Schizoid   ||||||||||||   50%   40%
Schizotypal   ||||||||||||   50%   56%
Antisocial   ||||||||||   38%   46%
Borderline   ||||||||||||||||   70%   45%
Histrionic   ||||   18%   35%
Narcissistic   ||   10%   40%
Avoidant   ||||||||||||||||||   74%   48%
Dependent   ||||||||||||   42%   44%
Obsessive-Compulsive   ||||||   30%   45%
I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
Probably not the best day for me to be doing this, but heres mine

Paranoid   ||||||||||||||||||||   90%   50%
Schizoid   ||||||||||   34%   40%
Schizotypal   ||   10%   56%
Antisocial   ||   10%   46%
Borderline   ||||||||||||||||   62%   45%
Histrionic   ||||||   30%   35%
Narcissistic   ||   10%   40%