Author Topic: Connecting to the higher-self  (Read 14166 times)

Catbrian

Connecting to the higher-self
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:20:46 PM »
Each day, I try to practice connecting with the higher self/ spirit within.  In addition to prayer, I usually use some kind of “tool” to help stay in focus.  It can work wonders as an antidepressant.  However, being mindful of spirituality is usually non-existent when depressed.  You would think this would be an ideal time for reaching out, but for many, it is furthest from our mind. 

Recently I came across a little pocket size book by Deepak Chopra, “The Seven Spiritual Laws of success”.  Success being measured more by spiritual than material, although both go hand in hand.

The First Spiritual Law is about connecting with nature and becoming increasingly aware of the spirit within.  Chopra suggests three daily practices.

(1).  One way is through the practice of silence and meditation.  This means turning out the world and taking time to simply just Be.

“Be still and know that I am God”

(2) When we constantly judge right or wrong, good and bad, we create unnecessary inner turbulence.  Practice non-judgement throughout the day, by reminding yourself,

“Today I shall judge nothing that occurs”
[/i]

(3). By tuning into the “mind of nature”, we can access the field of our higher/spiritual awareness.

Silently observe the intelligence within everything in nature

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to practice this.  I say, “Trying”, because it is not something most people will perfect, although much of it depends on the effort we are willing to invest.  For me, the blessings come from the trying rather than achievement.

Mindfulness is a journey, not a destination

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Connecting to the higher-self
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »
I like his books Cat and find them very helpfull, I find those quotes very useful so will keep my eye out for a copy

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Catbrian

Re: Connecting to the higher-self
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:50:39 PM »
I am sure you will enjoy this little meditation book, Zaf