Author Topic: Hey all  (Read 9233 times)

Kyahstar

• Karma Group
Hey all
« on: October 17, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »
Hi

Nice to meet you all,

umm I'm like some people not diagnosed with any form of depression, but do feel that this site may offer some insight to why I feel certain feelings.

I'm 29 and male. I would say I've had a good life and have a good circle of friends, I work and not unpopular with people.

When I was younger at school I was bullied a lot and kinda brushed it under the carpet and ignored what people used to say. I have grown up a lot since then but still have a sense of self loathing which does appear when I eventually have a relationship. I have no problem in meeting girls and dating. although I tend to have the feeling that ehy are only there till someone better comes along. I constant feeling of loneliness and sadness follows me. Although I never show it to my friends as I don't feel like my problems are worth talking about. That and always worried that they will just tell me to grow up and get on with it or disown me.. the rational part of me knows that this isn't the case and that I'm a likable person. But a little voice plays in my head over and over saying that no one wants you, or needs you so don't bother... This has led me onto a lot of heavy drinking till I basically don't care about what happens.. although when I wake up I feel worse than ever and the cycle starts again.. I've tried to do things to keep me occupied and possibly meet new people, like joining a social club where we play poker and such (luckily gambling is something I can control as I don't play for money)

Funny thing is I'm sure that everything is ok and I know it is... but my brain tells me otherwise and I just feel trapped and lonely :(

bit of a long winded intro and sorry if this should be in a different place.. feel free to move it

hope that I can get advice or even just someone to vent at everysooften
Liberate tuteme ex inferis

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
Re: Hey all
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »
Hi. +-_ Welcome to the site. This is a safe place to explore feelings and thoughts, and sometimes to explode when life gets you down. I have found everyone to be supportive and understanding, and I hope that you find things the same here. Best wishes.

Kyahstar

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »
Well that is why I'm here,

nice to know that I'm not essentially alone with my thoughts, my thoughts don't like me very much!
reaching out through here will hopefully help

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
Hello and welcome  +-_.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Kyahstar

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
Hey shaz nice to meet you :)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 03:55:27 PM »
Hi and welcome  *()

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 09:50:52 PM »
 $£$ and +_+

Catbrian

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:53:55 PM »
Hi... +-_ welcome... good to meet you too.  You don’t need a Doc’s diagnosis to know you’re suffering depression.  Searching for ways to deal with it, can hopefully lead to a positive outcome

I think you voice what many others experience.  It's so difficult to admit depression.  People fear what they don't understand.  Subsequently, depression can be the secret illness for many.   I've always kept my depression to myself.  There are some people, who've known me for years, would never guess what's under this Cat-persona.  When things are particularly bad and it's impossible to hide the torment, I retreat deep inside my cave, even pretend to be ill.  I'd rather be labeled a hypochondriac than a depressive. %$£

Bullying can emotionally scar people for life.   Brushing under the carpet, or pretending not to notice, is just that…. pretending.  But, the enormous amount of hurt and self-doubt can be soul-destroying and easily manifest as self-loathing.  Binging, as a means of escape, is something many of us do.  It's so easy to get caught up in that vicious cycle.  Your post sounds like you're putting conscientious effort into occupying some of your time doing things differently.  That can't be easy and says a lot about your strength of character.

Hope you find the Forum helpful

Kyahstar

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »
Well if I'm doing something I'm generally not thinking about things that bother me about my life, it is easy to voice what is happening to me here because none of you actually know me and I don't feel judged in a place where people are working together to pull people through a bad time.

It is usually worse when I'm  sitting home alone... like now.. find it very hard to switch myself off and just go to sleep, always tired at work in the day! they must wonder what I get up to every night! lol!

my "cycle" is very set in, I'm impressed that today I have gone the whole day with having a drink of any form :) so even though I have had a tough day I managed to get myself home instead of hiding behind my alternative persona in the pub. So very small steps and I might start becoming a functional person again.. seems a long way off atm though.

funny you should say about pretending to be ill. all of my sickness from work has been depression related... Where I've woken up and can't physically face anyone or anything :( just spend the whole day cuddling up to my cat doing nothing :s

Maybe I need someone to kick me in the backside and get me more motivated to do new things!

Catbrian

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 11:45:28 PM »
Sometimes it doesn't matter how much someone kicks our backside, if we're depressed, often there's not a lot we, or anyone, can do about it.

Well done for resisting temptation to drink.  Less alcohol can only be a good thing.  I'm sure it makes everyone's depression a lot worse.  Hopefully, in time, it might also improve the sleep pattern. 

Kyahstar

• Karma Group
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 10:07:33 AM »
I'm feeling a lot better today, I have something to look forward to, meeting a friend for a drink for his birthday, not staying out late tho as I want an early night again as this week sleeping has been pretty easy.. still Lonely at home but I'm keeping myself occupied

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »
Hope you enjoy your evening with your friend :). S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Kyahstar

• Karma Group
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 05:33:33 PM »
I will thank you I'll give you an update later :) xx

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »