Author Topic: Thank God for that!  (Read 5284 times)

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Thank God for that!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »
Just try and take it one minute at a time. If you need to rest then rest. ((((big hugs)))) for you. S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
Thank you so much Shaz, you guys do an incredible job being so supportive to people having a tough time!!!

Catbrian

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
I felt the same about Citalopram; it did not have any side effects, but neither did it help much.  I would visit the GP periodically, claiming the AD's were not working.  The prat always convinced me they were helping and I would feel even more depressed if I weren't using them.

I just wrote on your other page, try not to worry too much, it can make us look, even imagine, withdrawal.  It must be in the same group of AD as Citalopram, or the GP wouldn't have did a cross over.  The fact that your new AD has a calming effect will be helpful.  Hopefully you'll get a good sleep, which will help tomorrow feel better.

Good luck

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »
Some GPs are prats indeed!!!!!
Citalopram made me have nausea, the smell of food kept making me be nauseous and I just hated the thing!
Horrible GP when I was so bad was like "well, you are getting a good dose of medication so we'll just try to hurry the CBT. It is normal to have peaks and trophs you know. Do you feel ready to stop taking the sleeping aid any time soon?"
A girl on another forum I use was describing going through depression without any medication (because she had really bad reactions to all the ones she tried). When I read what her symptoms were like (one day kind of okay, the next unable to go to the shops....) I was like "hang on, I am on medication and I am exactly like her!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:51 PM »
I was on Citalopram for about 18 months but got to the stage where it had no effect on me.  My doctor, in her wisdom, stopped it for me as I made the mistake of saying CBT had helped but the Citalopram wasn't helping.  I have been coping meds free since which is hard at times.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
Wow, well done for coping without meds Pip, I admire you!
CBT helped me massively too but the meds (when they work!) really make life easier (in my case).
In a way, having gone through all this with citalopram being pretty useless has given me an extra "strength", that of knowing that although it's awful, I can do it "by myself" if that makes sense....
In the next few months, the Monarch headset should be for sale, I sooo want one!
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/monarch-headset-helps-treat-epilepsy-depression-271543