Author Topic: Opinions please!  (Read 12464 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Opinions please!
« on: December 29, 2019, 04:09:23 PM »
I know you're not medical bods so can't give medical advice, I'm just after some opinions from fellow MH sufferers is all.

Just like with ginger beer for nausea, I swear by 5-HTP for my depression now.  My prescribing CPN suggested it for my SAD and I swear by it now 'cos I've felt the best I've ever felt, mentally, since I started taking it.

Soooo, do I stop taking it when my SAD starts to eff off and just use it for quick pick-me-ups on rough days (like I use ginger beer for nausea only when I need it but we always have ginger beer in the house just in case, like this morning) or do I keep taking it every morning, to keep me healthy and well mentally anyway?

I honestly don't know what to do for the best, so I'm after opinions of fellow sufferers who also struggle each day, rather than medical bods who maybe have no personal experience of it and only know the theory and how to pass their medical exams.

I know I'll need the 5-HTP for a few more months, I'm just trying to plan a little in advance is all   :happy0158:

TIA!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Opinions please!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 09:21:43 PM »
I hope someone can give you an honest answer to this  :happy0158:

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Opinions please!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 01:26:11 PM »
Thank you Pip!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.