Author Topic: Can't cope  (Read 11160 times)

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
Re: Can't cope
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2012, 09:50:07 PM »
Thinking of you.  %^%

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2012, 11:47:13 PM »
I hate who I have become. BeTter for everyone if I am not here anymore so I am not a burden.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
willows, you are somebody who is suffering at the moment. You haven't suddenly become someone different. You have always been a WHOLE person, with different facets. The people who care about you want to see and hear from the whole you. You're not a burden, because you share, and that's what this site is all about. I hope that you manage to get some sleep tonight.  *&* Best wishes. Michael

Leo

• Karma Group
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »
I had horrible suicidal thoughts and felt embarrassed admitting that to my doctor. I think it's difficult admitting you really need support and help.

Is there a family member you could confide in?

I managed to tell my sister and she came to the gp with me. If I didn't feel I could tell the doctor, she would tell him for me.

I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »
i have started this post so many times and deleted it because it doesn't make sense. i have so many mixed up thoughts goinfg around in my head i can't sort them out enough to say what i want to.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »
 %^%
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2012, 06:23:34 PM »
(((( hugs )))) for you Willows. S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
We're all with you Willows xx
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:59:31 PM by bookletters »

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »
Willows, remember it's the illness making you think like that, not the real you. Depression will make you feel you are a burden and would be better off dead, but this is NOT true, it's the illness talking!! Please hang on there, with the right medication and support you will be back to your happy self before you know it. You will be so pleased you beat this too I promise you.
Think of your kids, they love you and need you.
Tell your wife to phone your closest mental hospital so they can have you seen by an emergency psychiatrist who can then prescribe you some sleeping tablets and sedatives to help you feel more rested and able to face things better.
I am sending you a warm hug, remember, we understand what we are going through and know there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel, hang on there!!

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
Hi Bookletters, i am actually a single mum so no other half to help me. I have anti-depressants (Paroxatine) and  sleeping tablets sleeping tablets (tamazapam) but nothing seems to help me  get better. i am beyond help. wiaitng for a psychiatrist appointment but dont know when it will be or if i will make it that far. hard to even focus on still being here for breakfast tomorrow let alone an unknown future appointment.

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2012, 08:20:58 PM »
Hi Willows,
Poor you, that sounds really tough. I know the feeling of having to take it one day at a time and it's tough.... Do you have friends and family who can come look after you and your little ones?
AD sometimes take ages to work... My new meds (citalopram) certainly took ages to kick in and even now I am getting better soooo slowly it's very frustrating (or rather I make huge improvements in two days when I think I am close to being out of the woods, then I reach a plateau and feel like they're not working anymore when in fact the general trend is upwards....).
Maybe your GP needs to try a new treatment or you need to give your AD more time to work?
Docs say 6-8 weeks but with my new meds it's taken me lots longer than that to start seeing an improvement...

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »
You should read Sally Brampton's "Shoot the damn Dog".... she had severe treatment resistant depression and even massive doses of sleeping tablets didn't help her sleep... but she managed to beat the illness and stay well and happy. Is she can do it, you can!!

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2012, 07:51:01 AM »
Thinking of you Willows, and sending hugs  %^%

I know it can tough to think about functioning in the everyday life - it can seem insurmountable.
Hang in there. You are doing so well. You are being so brave. I take my hat off to you  *()

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »
I agree Willows, you can be really proud of yourself, you are doing incredibly well and are a fighter for sure!

willows

• Karma Group
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2012, 10:25:12 PM »
tired of fighting. no fight left in me.