Author Topic: Pregabalin diary  (Read 10501 times)

Beetzart

• Karma Group
  • 'Billions and billions of stars'
Re: Pregabalin diary
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »
Just a quick update on Pregabalin.  I am still taking 150 mg twice a day and have built up no tolerance, it works exactly the same all the time.  It is quite an incredible drug. 

Colin

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »
Thats good to hear Beet  =+-

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »
It's great to hear that it's working for you Beet.

Xxx

Catbrian

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 11:35:49 PM »
 +-_
Good you have found something that gives you some relief from your anxiety.  

I should take 2-3 x 75mg per day for neuropathic pain , but generally try to stick to one before bed.  I'm more wary of developing a dependence, both physically and mentally, from Pregabalin that anything else I use; Codeine, Quetiapine, Mirtazapine and occasionally Zodafem for sleeping and cannabis for chilling.  TBH, I wasn't too impressed with the Patient Info leaflet; suggesting dependence symptoms on discontinuing, plus advising patients to inform Doc of past alcohol or drug dependence.

Lately, I've had a problem with anxiety and irritability.  The last few days have been particularly bad, until I remember I haven't used Pregabalin for 3-4days  .  I've taken one tonight and feel a lot better.  I'm thinking it wise to always keep them handy for whenever my anxiety and paranoia is at its worst.

$%$

Beetzart

• Karma Group
  • 'Billions and billions of stars'
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »
Dependence doesn't worry me.  I missed one dose of venlafaxine the other week and nearly killed myself, when I have missed pregabalin I just feel fed up/pissed off.  I'm going to keep taking these for life in need be, just like a diabetic would take insulin so getting hooked isn't an issue.  And this is different from people who got/get hooked on benzos or sleepers because you have the tolerance issues and quick pooping out at certain doses.  Pregabalin works as well now as it did when I was first prescribed it. 

Cat, if it helps you and it isn't classed as an habit forming drug or is classified then I would just keep taking them as prescribed.  That's just my advice though.

Colin

Catbrian

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
Yes, Beetzart, you are talking sense, I understand what you mean.  I would never suggest for a minute that you stop or even worry about dependence.  I agree, if it is working for you, then it is right for you to continue.

Today I was terrible with anxiety, trembling, the lot.  I took a Pregabalin again and felt a lot calmer.  I also noticed when I went out with the dog, my paranoia was not as ridiculous.  In light of what you say, I will be taking one in the daytime and one before bed.  That low dose is known to be beneficial for neuro pain and even healing and, if it helps calm me down, then that's a bonus.

Many thanks... hope you're well