Author Topic: anyone on sertaline?  (Read 5394 times)

chelsey-lou

anyone on sertaline?
« on: June 07, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
I've been recently been diagnoised with severe depression, which my doctor recokons started nearly 5 years ago when I lost a family member at christmas, anyway in order to help me she suggested i take citalopram on a doze of 20mg, I hated them to the point where I didn't want to take them. They made my life unbareable and took an effect on my work- was even sent home as I couldnt handle it all.. my emotions were all over the place and was totally not myself. I carried on taking them and have side effects such as not sleeping at night, not eating and drinking very little, and lost half a stone in a matter of weeks. My other half thought it was best that I talk to my doctor about it, she suggested coming off them and try sertaline.. I felt better, but still not able to sleep, moved the times when i took them to the evening but still no joy- having to take kalms sleep tablets in order to help me sleep.

up until recently I have been fine, but have noticed recently whatever I seem to eat in the evenings (sometimes I dont eat til very late due to work) makes me rather ill to the point where I'm literally sick a handful of times. the other night I was so bad I didnt know what was going on... I had bad pains in my side/stomach and was going hot and cold.. ive also noticed I get rather alot of hot flushes! Im only 22!! the people i work with think im rather mad.

Does anyone else get this on sertaline? or is it just me??? I can't keep going on like this!

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: anyone on sertaline?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »
It made me hyper but not nauseus, you should go back to your GP and discuss ghese symptoms

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

chelsey-lou

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:03:04 PM »
I'm going back next week for a review, im hoping I can find one that actually makes me feel semi normal x

whiteadder

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »
I know you can feel sick for the first few weeks on sertraline. I was given another tablet to combat this.

:)
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

TachionBeam

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »
I am currently on Sertraline, Have been for nearly 3 months now. Best SSRI I have ever been on, for me it is much better than Fluoxetine, Citalopram, Dosulepin (TAD).

First few weeks were a pain, but doc gave me some anti-nausea medication and some Diazepam to help me sleep. After about 3 weeks I feel much better. Now I still have issues (which is just my case) but no side effects at all.

Really wonderful medication for me :)

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
Not on Sertaline. Duloxetine for me and this is brilliant for me, tried many others that did not work for me. S x x x.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

PaulaJo

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »
Chelsey-lou, what did you end up doing about Sertraline?

Can I ask, was the trouble sleeping and feeling ill, from day 1, or only after a while of taking Sertraline?

I have been on Sertraline for a few weeks (2 weeks 25mg, 3.5 weeks 50mg) and have started feeling anxious, and having diarrhoea (sorry for the TMI). I am wondering whether this is related to the Sertraline or just general anxiety (non-medication-related).
The anxiety does affect my sleep and my stomach, which is why your post caught my eye.

Pete

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
I have been on sertraline for a while now. Not sure how long but if you search through my posts you'll see. At first when I took them I had a major issue or reaction which I feel was down to them but no one medical seems to take any notice when I tell them I went off my head for 10days drinking smoking drugs and generally Wong a complete arse. Anyway that was on I think 50mg after coming down off citealopram but I have been increased to the max dose of 200mg per day now and I feel nothing. I don't sleep we'll I may get a couple of hours but I really just lie there semi awake. I still have down days and days when I am so tired but I also have days when I am down but have so much energy. I could run a mile but can't be bothered to or think if I do then something will happen so why bother. Anyway the pills for me have just made me numb. I did have a few upset tums and also a few headaches but I don't think they have done anything other than numb me and take the edge of the severe issues. They ate still very much there just maybe I can handle them better I don't really know. Sorry no help whatsoever as usual. Lol