Author Topic: What was or is the funniest name you've give ur pets?  (Read 5693 times)

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
Re: What was or is the funniest name you've give ur pets?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 12:39:25 AM »
I've always loved cats. When I was married we had Livingstone and Dudley, then we adopted The Tabby Monster. Finally Tatty Oldbit invited herself in one night, and promptly gave birth to 5 kittens in a pair of my underpants. I wasn't wearing them. We adopted her, and found homes for three of her kittens. We kept Newt and Frogmella. I was working at the time, so we were able to be responsible parents - we took all the cats, sat them down and encouraged them to use birth control. Once it became clear that the concept was a little beyond them, we took them to the vet. If looks could kill! When life fell apart, we found a farm given over as a home for cats. This wasn't the farm that parents tell their kids that Timmy has run of to. It was a real institution. When I felt able to function at a reasonable level, I was lucky enough to be told about Wedgie. He's pretty well the only reason that I get up each morning, so he does me a lot of good. Although he never gets ME breakfast.

I apologise to anyone who was expecting a simple post, and instead got War and Peace.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 08:36:47 AM »
Oh Michael your post made me smile. Its good to know there are other cat lovers out there. Our animals rule our house lol. S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 11:13:22 PM »
Love all the pet names they make me smile I have two cats at the moment tam the bam but thomas trout on a sunday and lucy lipstick is the other one.  I had a totally mentl rabbit when I was young called twinkle as in the twinkle twinkle little star.  My dad was convinced the reason the rabbit was disturbed was because of its name.  He bit scratched and peed on anyone who went near he eventually went away to be friends with a lady rabbit and they were hoping for little rabbits.  This was the origina warerabbit lol

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 11:51:18 PM »
Here's an odd one. Well, it's me - what did you expect? When I was younger, my little brother had a housefly called Cedric. Even though I had a well fed Venus Fly-trap. Oh, my poor brother. How he suffered when I told him the truth about why Cedric so often appeared to change. While talking about Peter, my brother, I used to pin him down, and perform "The Typewriter" on his chest. Things changed when he gained the strength to throw me off, and perform this torture on me! That was last week. For all you kids out there, a typewriter was like a non-electric computer with paper instead of a screen, used to send old-style e-mails which arrived at the home of the person you were trying to contact almost instantaneously, or within a few days at least. Sometimes. So anyway, in summary - Cedric, housefly. Do you know that sometimes I have been accused of being long-winded and a little off topic? It's hard to believe, isn't it. I remember once I............

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 09:33:30 AM »
Michael you made me laugh at cedric the housfly, I wanted a venus flytrap and went to a local garden center this was a lot of years ago, anyway asked the man if he had any venus fly traps and he said no he had a lot of trouble with them and walked off, I was left wonderig what sort of trouble were they having never did find out lol.

I.B Igor

• Karma Group
  • a good soul is one that has suffered,and is kind.
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
I had two cats, Britney, who was a rescue cat, beautiful, black and tiny, who we sadly lost last year, and we have Dinky, a cute daft silver gray tabby, who is a soppy thing, and likes having her tummy rubbed like a dog.
A good soul is one that has suffered , and is kind.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »
Turquoise, when I first read your post, I thought that the man had told you that the venus fly traps kept walking off. That would be trouble!

I.B.Igor. My friend has a silver tabby, and she too likes her tummy rubbed - the cat, not the friend - the rougher the better, until all of a sudden, that's enough, and she gets ready to retaliate if you dare to carry on. Cats are so lovely, aren't they. -_)

I.B Igor

• Karma Group
  • a good soul is one that has suffered,and is kind.
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »

Yup, Cats are furry psychopathic little killers, who make a pleasant noise when happy, and come the revolution, or thumbs, and self cleaning kitty litter, they put up with us mere Mortals, were all beneath them you know ,..until its raining, and they happen to be locked out, or they are in, and want out, or vice versa, or both, and they hate visitors, and gravitate to the lap of the biggest Cat Hater in the room, and with claws fully extended, settle down on a terrified lap.
Cats, gotta love them. $%$
A good soul is one that has suffered , and is kind.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
Oh that's so true. Our 2 rule us and our 2 dogs lol. S x x x x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Lozzie2012

• Karma Group
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 07:24:10 AM »
My pets haven't really got weird names but thought would tell you them all lol, I've got rabbits and are called Leo Lola Libbi Lotti Luci Busta Boo Snowbelle Snowflake Snowdrop Rascal and Molly.
There all my babies and give me so much joy when I'm with them and every morning they all want fusses and kisses n same at bedtime n tea time.
I used to have Snowy but he died few weeks back. He was my first and such a lovely boy n he left his girlfriend and daughters xx

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 07:32:39 AM »
Rabbits are lovely, aren't they. I used to have a grey male called Robinson. He used to come through the cat-flap, and made himself quite at home, but he developed a taste for nibbling through power leads. Luckily we noticed before anything too bad happened, so we pinned all the leads up on the wall. He then developed an unnatural interest in one of our cats! Sadly, it was a neutered male, so the relationship went nowhere. Dudley did look a little confused.

Lozzie2012

• Karma Group
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »
Haha aww yea I love my rabbits there ace, I did have a lot more but reduced down in numbers cuz of how I feel at the min but they tend to give me my happy time which I love them more for xx

Leo

• Karma Group
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
My lot have nick names.

Molly is Molly Moo, Mootilda, Mollykins, Croc a Moo and big sook.

Tess is Tessie bear (I even have my agility trainer calling her this lol), little spot, wee yin, wee sook and Spongebear ( she likes spongebob)

Troy is Trouble, Buggar Lugs, Son, stumpy (he only has half a tail), chunk and gannet.
I am only me. That is all I can be.
No more, no less, don't second guess.
I love, I live, I laugh, I cry.
I've wished sometimes that I could die.
Some days I'm funny, others I'm not.
Sometimes I'm in overdrive, and I can't stop.
You may not like me, but that's ok, because this is me and how ill stay.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 01:50:39 PM »
would have to be the tonkinese cat i had, called it Quat......   _-+yeah i know,
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Nay

• Karma Group
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »
When we were kids, me and my sister had the following:

Rabbits: Sniffy, Snuffy, Woodpecker, Bramble, Fudge, Ferdinand, Pippin.
Guinea Pigs: Martini, Lemonade, Nerky, Kerney (my dad made up a silly language when we were little. I have no idea what I Nerky or a Kerney is!), Tequila, Jester.
Chipmunks: Chip, Dale, Ghost
Hamster: Shandy
Dogs: Freeway, Kiaora (like the squash  =+- ), Jemma. My parents currently have Nemo.

I now have a cat named Derek!