General > Links

The importance of exercise

(1/2) > >>

pamela.smith80:
Doing exercise is a good way to cope with depression. It supports nutrion, boosts self steem, enhances meditation, and cleases the body. This article is about it. It explains all the benefits of doing sports, how it helps with depression and provides some suggestions. I hope you find it useful.

http://www.haveigotaproblem.com/download/23/Self-Help-Exercise

Zaf:
thanks for the link,  my problem is that with agorophobia I find it difficult getting out to exercise, even when the panic attacks let me go and walk I find getting the motivation incredibly difficult :(

Zx

Munchroom:
I tried to start running again a couple of months ago... I managed it for about a week until my agrophobia took over  ::) Since then though I have been doing one of Davina McCalls exercise DVDS, sometimes I manage it everyday and sometimes its just a couple of times a week when I am low and struggiling with motivation. It makes me extreamly tired, but I think that coupled with a healthier diet it is helping. Xx

Sallas:
Pamela, your only post seem to be promting a site on various different articles. I think its sick anyone would promote a site here unless it was with geniune intent to help people.

Beetzart:
I agree with you Sallas, I did wonder what the motivation was when I saw it earlier.  After a quick look around the linked website I am still undecided whether it is a private therapist touting for business or just an informational presentation or charity. 

As for the issue of depression and excercise, on a personal level, I find that it can help a little.  I don't mind going for a mile or two walk in the evening if the weather is fine but for me it doesn't shrug off the blackdog completely.  Ok, it is good for milder forms of depression, but so is St John's Wort.  For me part of coming out of depression involves good meds, sincere people to talk to, and plenty of rest!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version