Author Topic: Me again, regarding a depression questionaire it says i need help  (Read 1845 times)

Jess

• Karma Group
I have just filled in a questionaire regarding depression, apparantly I am depressed and I desperatly need help, i know this is true but i just can't bring my self to tell anyone, apart from the members of this fourum. What should I do? By now majority of you have read my previous post, so you understand the cause of my depression. Im to embaressed to see a doctor (i know that seems stupid). Any words of advice or general pick me ups are welcome, im really struggling.....

lightenup

• Karma Group
Re: Me again, regarding a depression questionaire it says i need help
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »
Hi Jess, you are not alone.  However your really need to go and speak to the doctor.  Believe me your Dr will have heard this all before you are not the first.  We all understand this here, personally I feel very ashamed of my situation, and only started to feel better about myself by speaking to the Dr and those closest to me.  Looking back to my teenage years I can now admit that I was depressed then, for certain family reasons, and had all the unreasonable thoughts similar to you as I am sure a lot of others will have on this forum. 

You have also a good basis to work from, you said you have a stable family life............believe me now as a parent there is nothing like the love of parents for there children.  Actually the love of my husband and the imprint of my 2 sons stay upmost in my mind.  Try to keep the positive nice times in the forfront of your mind when things are really bleak.

It has taken a bit of time but now personally I am feeling a little better each day.  People never really see other difficulties unless they are visible, but I know the best thing was that I never met my best friend until I was 18, I select my friends carefully, and now have support from them.  Both my sons by the way say they only met their true friends after leaving high school. 

Keep the nice images in front of your head when in deep despair and go and see your GP.   %^&
Poor is the person who takes pleasure out of the persecution of others

Matface_lost_in_you

• Karma Group
  • life is poopy
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 12:19:06 AM »
I'm sure everybody here will suggest that you go to a doctor and i myself would suggest it also. however... i understand what its like to feel uncomfortable about the whole concept. I still haven't seen one and to be honest i dont think i will. Just dont feel pressured to do anything is what i'm saying. So long as you feel you can keep on top of it thats ok. If you dont think you are yet up to talking to a doctor then i'd personnally suggest sticking to talking to the people on here - everybody here seems friendly, understanding and easy to talk to. there's alot of people that know a lot on here too.
if you want a chat feel free to send me a message. Take care and take it easy
MatFace

crystalmagpie

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 07:18:04 AM »
Hi Hun,

It is very daunting and something I haven't yet managed myself. I have noticed that you are a very eloquent and articulate writer. Why not describe your feelings by writing them down and take it along to your GP? Just remember you are a strong young woman. You can do it!

x x x x x x x x x x x