Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1029 times)

drnev

Hello All
« on: January 02, 2012, 12:11:10 AM »
I'm new to all this.....been struggling with depression now for the last couple of years....................trying to wean myself off the tablets now..... but it's hard !

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »
Hi :)

If you are still depressed why are you trying to wean yourself off the meds?  I did that in Feb/march last year and I felt really good for a few weeks till I had a breakdown in July, my GP told me I may need to stay on a low dose for life and when I said I'd rather not he asked if I'd have the same attitude to taking medication for diabetes or a heart condition, I'm now accepted the fact I may need to and am prepared to do so to keep myself well once I've recovered from this latest episode
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

drnev

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:09:46 AM »
Hi Zaf, sorry to hear that............My Dr has suggested that I come off them, as I'm meds for blood pressure.....jeez, I think I wrattle when I walk.......the worse thing, for me, is that I've balloned in weight, and have no motivation to do anything, lost my job ( redundency ) in Feb last year........don't qualify for any allowances, so living off my redundency money...which is rapidly running out !

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:51:39 AM »
If you're doing it under your doctor's instructions you do need to tell him how hard you are finding it.  Will you get any allowances when your redundancy money runs out?  It might be worth getting in touch with the Citizens Advice Beauro to find out if you're worried xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.