Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1646 times)

carukia

Hello!
« on: December 03, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »
Hi, I've just signed up so I thought I'd better say hello. My name's Andy and I've had depression for about 10 years, along with periods of psychosis. I also have a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder.

I've been relatively ok for the last couple of years but have got gradually worse recently. This, I think, is mainly because I'm finding it harder and harder to cope with my dad, who has Alzheimer's Disease. He's got to point now where he doesn't know who my mum is and, often forgets who me and my sisters are.

For the past 2 years or so I've been having a lot of physical symptoms (e.g. pain in my hands, arms, legs; muscle stiffness, fatigue, numbness, tingling). After having neurological examinations, MRI scans and nerve conduction tests, which all came back as normal, my G.P. has diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia.

I hope you're all as well as possible.
andy :)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
Welcome andy :)

Everyone here is very helpful and understanding
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Laura

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 08:41:27 PM »
Hello, I'm new ish too. Hope you find some help from talking here.
Tea please, decaf, with milk and a sweetener.

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »
 .>,

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 10:00:09 AM »
Hi Andy.

I have found people here to be very supportive and understanding.
Crazy like a fish.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »
Welcome Andy. You have been going through an awful lot. Coping with the cruelty and devastation of Alzheimers is terribly difficult and I'm so sorry to hear your Father is affected with this. Your Fibromyalgia sounds very difficult also and I wonder what support you have in place to help you to get through these very difficult things.

Everyone in here will help where they can. Sometimes it is a relief to just tell some one.

Take Care. Lol