Author Topic: atos stopping money if people are turned down and appeal  (Read 1766 times)

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
atos stopping money if people are turned down and appeal
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »
atos stopping money if people are turned down and appeal, i was told yeaterday that in order for the government to stop ppl appelaing if they are turned down for esa they will not allow ppl that dont pass medicals and appael to continue getting benefit therefore all the time it take there will be no benefit coming in to the person and only then get esa if down the line there appeal is successful.

although i have been lucky and passed 3 medicals and am now in the support group the thought of failing a medical and having to appeal then having no money whilst waiting for appeal is scary its already stressful having to go to medicals each year even when nothing changes as it should be longer if u still have smae medical problems etc. simply stopping money if ppl appael is just typical of the govenment wanting sick ppl left with no choice than to go on jsa even though they will struggle to cope!

turquoise

• Karma Group
Re: atos stopping money if people are turned down and appeal
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:45:09 AM »
I have not have the dubious pleasure of coming across acos so googled them.  I makes me wonder how much money this company is making out of what they do I have previous bad experiences of occupational health experts and I use the term expert loosly.   The more I hear about the way vulneralbe people are treated in the country the sadder I feel. 

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:41:05 AM »
I've just been deemed fit to work. I was wondering whether to appeal, as the woman didn't ask me any questions, didn't even take my blood sugar, blood pressure ore temperature. Didn't seem at all like an in-depth medical. I tried to tell her that the latest scratches on my arms weren't further self-harm, but she just said that i had been careless. Wasn't interested in anything I tried to say. Who'll employ a major T****r like me? I know I wouldn't! (Hmm, don't know where that self-description came from. Oh, ATOS/ A T****r, yeah that makes sense. Maybe I could get a job with them, and become their equivalent of Churchill the dog. Sorry to rabbit on, but I haven't been certain about appealing, and now it doesn't look worthwhile. (Shut up Michael Shut up shut up shut up!)

turquoise

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:37:37 AM »
You should appeal and complain that the person didnt do a full in depth medical.  The older I get the more cynical I get and I realise that they are trying to get as many people off incapacity and back to work but where are the jobs for everyone to go to.  Theyn are depending on people not appealing so keep going as far as it can go, I read on their website that people can take notes but are not allowed to publish them that just made me so angry.  It is like beaurocracy gone totally mad.
T x

Catbrian

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 09:39:49 PM »
You should always appeal.  If you need excellent advice on benefits, particularly ESA, visit the http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm  It will tell you what happens during appeal.

Zee, not so long ago, when someone failed the Incapacity Benefit medical, benefit was suspended until the end of appeal.  Mine took months and went all the way to the Ombudsman.  I was, however, allowed a hardship loan (not a crisis) which was roughly half my normal weekly entitlement.   Of course, like the majority of people, I won my case.  In the past, an ESA appeal meant you still kept benefit throughout appeal.  I have not heard otherwise, but check on the above website for accurate info.

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
its all part of the torrie plans to cut benefit apparently as ppl would be put off appaeling as will get no cash for time appeal takes so end up on jsa

Catbrian

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 07:31:22 PM »
all the more reason why everyone should be out voting