Author Topic: Bandit aka Bam-Bam visit to the vets  (Read 1452 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Bandit aka Bam-Bam visit to the vets
« on: May 22, 2019, 08:47:10 PM »
We've had little Bandit who is a Saluki cross puppy for almost three weeks now.  He had his first vet's appointment a week ago which included being micro-chipped but didn't get his first injection due to diarrhea.  Today I took Bandit back for his first injection and he got checked over again.  Bandit's lower left canine isn't quite pointing the right way so we've got to keep an eye on that so it doesn't do any damage in his mouth and she couldn't feel one of his testicles.  She said if it hasn't dropped by the time he is 6 months old he will probably need an operation to remove it due to the position of it  :( .  We will want him neutered anyway so I told the vet that and she was quite happy with that.

Our first dog had the same problem but it took 2 1/2 years of nagging before the vet did anything about it.  The poor mutt could have ended up with prostate cancer but as it turned out it was just as well he had the op as we found out he had a heart murmer.       

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Bandit aka Bam-Bam visit to the vets
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 09:04:08 AM »
Poor little Bandit!  I hope that his testicle drops and that his adult tooth grows properly so that he doesn't have to have it corrected/removed!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Bandit aka Bam-Bam visit to the vets
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 05:47:18 PM »
Bandit is such a happy little soul and is a completely different pup to when we got him.  The lad we got him is a likeable rogue but he's clueless when it comes to dogs.  Bandit was skin and bone and quite timid, now his confidence has grown, and, has put on weight.  Being a saluki cross he will always be slim like lurchers are but he is a much better shape now.