General > I need to vent!

Unemployment frustrations

(1/10) > >>

lostmyway:
Hi all

I have been looking for a job since 2013 and i STILL don't have another job. Do the DWP expect me to live on fresh air, or is that expected these days?  As previously mentioned I have been studying for a degree since 2013 also, and am still doing it.  I look on Indeed for something to apply for, and find practically nothing.. and when I do find something I get no reply whatsoever?

I am only 45 and am not ready to retire just yet. Voluntary work is fine but it doesn't pay any bills.  I honestly do not know what to do for the best.  I have never been able to move out as I have never had a job that paid enough money. I had one for 13 years but that was low-paid and had a lack of prospects.  I am completely in limbo and dont know what to do anymore.  There is a job club in my local town that is held once a week but that's about as much help as you can expect around here from anybody.  It's a very depressing situation to be in and do not know what to do next.

I applied for 3 jobs last week but got no reply.

Amanda_George:
Might be worth applying for ESA and PIP?  It's far from ideal but better than nothing until you find a job.  The ones that don't reply to you aren't worth bothering with, I reckon... if they can't send a reply to you out of politeness, they may not care about their employees that are already there either?

Don't give up, keep trying... there's something out there for you!

lostmyway:
Hi Amanda_George

Thanks for your kind words.  I don't think I am eligible for ESA/PIP.  Because I bothered to save something, I can't apply for JSA anyway, so basically my NI stamp isn't getting paid and consequently it may affect my state pension in the future.  Due to the kindness of my mother I stay where I am but it is VERY emasculating for somebody my age.  Maybe I should pray every night and something might happen?

Regards

Amanda_George:
Maybe take a trip to your local CAB and email the benefits agency?  Social services too - the Gloucester one has a benefits advisor so hopefully your local adult social services will have one too?

Don't give up, just keep looking and you will find a job when the time is right   :hug:

Pip:
I agree with Amanda and you should be able to get some kind of benefit.

My husband has been on Income Support and Incapacity Benefit for years.  Back in late 2012 / early 2013 I applied for DLA but got turned down despite having osteoarthrits in my right hip, both hands and my right wrist and lost my appeal.  All the panel did was go on about my hands and completely disregarded everything else that my doctor had written.

My husband applied for PIP as he has health problems as well so I decided to try again.  We both got PIP which is dealt with better than DLA was and we both had thorough medicals.  I got the enhanced rate and got awarded motabilityat the enhanced rate.  Last year my husband got awarded the enhanced rate of motability although he is still on the standard rate of PIP.

It is worth persevering with trying to get benefits and living with your mother shouldn't make any difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version