Author Topic: Newbie needs HELP!  (Read 1328 times)

princess0507

Newbie needs HELP!
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »
Hi everyone

I'm 21 and have suffered from depression for 6 months now. I am on a waiting list for counselling but i feel like im drowning and i can't cope anymore. I think everything would just be easier if i wasn't here. People in my family are trying to help but i can see they are growing tired of me and the situation....guess its cos they don't know how to handle it. I went through a stage of having really good days but now they are becoming less and the bad days are more frequent so i am so frustrated at myself - why can't i get better? Does anyone else feel like this?

I feel guilty all of the time about silly things that i have no reason to feel guilty for. I'm trying to live my life in two different cities as me and boyfriend live around 200 miles from my family. I moved back in with my family to try and get better but i feel so torn between the 2 all the time...everyone says just decide where you wanna be and stick to it...but its not that simple...i don't feel able to decide anything at the moment.

Does anyone else feel like this? If so please help lol

bel

• Karma Group
Re: Newbie needs HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »
Hi princess  !"£

I also found depression very frustrating, wanting to get better but not seeming to be able to help myself. I also used to feel guilty a lot of the time, I didn't even know what for, just felt bad.

With regard to where you want to live, it is hard to make decisions when you're depressed. I was so worried about making a mistake I wouldn't decide anything, even the simplest things. Unfortunately though, decisions still have to be made. Where do you feel the most comfortable or able to get the most support, with your family or your boyfriend? Talk to them all, they may have a point of view you haven't considered, see if they can help you decide.

As for your family getting tired of you, they probably feel frustrated that they can't seem to help you; depression is very hard to deal with for the people around the depressed person, they can't understand exactly how it feels and they don't know how to handle it, as you say.

There are no easy answers I'm afraid. Hope you get started with your counselling soon, in the meantime you need to take care of yourself. Try to be good to yourself and to find things to be glad about, doesn't matter how small. And try to take it one day at a time.

Best wishes, bel