Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1118 times)

Geeky1998

• Karma Group
« on: June 27, 2012, 06:56:29 PM »
Hi there,

I've never posted on an online forum but I am hoping it'll maybe help; it came highly recommended by a few folks.

Just my quick background.  I suffer from depression and have since as far back as I can remember.  Its the kind that sneaks up on me without realizing it until my brain is spinning.  Sometimes I think I go into it because I am angry and was never allowed to express anger when I was a kid so never really learned how to cope with it to the point of not attempting to suprress.  As I get older I do get better but the process has been a long one, a steady one but still long.

Lately, I really battle with horrible feelings after I get through telling people how I feel or think.  Often times I feel that no one wants to hear what I have to say or think because of their reactions to me.  Instead of saying thank you and incorporating my ideas they tend to point out the flaws or simply write a simple thanks but no way.  Maybe its just my assumption that I don't matter and then their inability to work well with other folks, no clue.  But for whatever the reason when it happens I get thrown back into the black hole where I think, why in the world did I speak up and then go through several hours or days depending on the situation where I question everything I say, do or think.

I've gone to college, highly educated.  I've got several certificates professionally that all say I know what I am talking about but I still feel the world would rather I just shut up and go home.  I would've thought all those would be validating; but I still feel useless. 

So that's what on my mind today.  Glad this exists.  Thanks,

Ezel

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »
 +_+ and _)_

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum. We all understand here . S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:19:21 PM »
Hi and welcome! i think the feeling of being useless is very typical of depression :(

Everyone here will help as much as they can

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

pinkphoenix

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 05:21:01 AM »
Welcome! You'll get a lot of support here

Emma xx
Maktub - It is written