Author Topic: Just another new member  (Read 1112 times)

Marebito

Just another new member
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »
Hi there,

I registered to join this forum in October but every time I thought about actually writing in it the same block that allows me to function kicked in and it seemed impossible. So I figured I should just say hello and not worry about going in to my whole life story.

So the short version:

I have had really bad anxiety for as long as I can remember. I used to have horrible nightmares when I was small and those intensified through my teenage years. I began to self harm and continued to do so for some time. Going to uni was extremely difficult as I was fighting a losing battle with anxiety and depression which eventually culminated in a total breakdown. I think I cried for a full 12 hours before I called my parents to say I "didnt feel well". I left uni for a year, spoke to almost noone and barely left my parents house. Oh by this time I was also drinking too much and taking codeine just to make myself feel better.

See its the bit after that and bringing me to now I find depressing to even talk about...at any rate I am now 31 and I have taken beta blockers and lustral which sort of helped. Not taking them now though and I will have managed without codeine for two weeks on Monday. Bit early to get excited about that though (after more than ten years, two weeks free means nothing)

I just feel totally exhausted. Its like just functioning on a day to day basis takes all the energy I have and so all the things I would like to spend my energy on go undone. So every day I think about all the things I have failed to achieve...and I have had these problems for so long I dont even remember what its like to just feel calm and content. If I ever did.

I just think it would be really nice to communicate with some people who understand...thats all for now.

thanks,

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Just another new member
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
Hi and welcome, you'll find people here caring and understanding :)
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have struggled a lot over the years with this but im glad you have felt able to post on here and talk to us. I hope that we can help you through any tough days that may lay ahead for you and that we can make you feel welcome on here. Please feel free to post and talk to us as and when you can - dont feel alone.

Crazy like a fish.

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
Welcome and take your time.