Author Topic: best to live in a dream world???  (Read 3638 times)

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
best to live in a dream world???
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »
as the real world is full of nasty times , lack of consideration and selfishness is it best to block all this out as it will never change the world is how it is so if u live in a bubble and real try to block out the real world creating your own happy dream world when faced with the outside is this a good idea???

just seems life gets no easier and the levels of nastyness n selfishness by others get worse plus the web taking away the art of converstation, so in a dream world all would be happy all blocked out and only see the possative
just a random idea i guess but it seems only way as the world never changes.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: best to live in a dream world???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »
I dont think its possible to block it all out unless we live like hermits (which I admit is very attractive sometimes)

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:56:58 PM »
guess sumtimes when out shopping or in busy place have managed to block out stuff n daydream which actually helped

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »
I have done this too and yes it did help.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Ezel

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »
I did this for a number of years over adoption issues and successfully 'blocked it out' or as I prefer to say I buried my feelings inside then 'hid the key'.  When I found my son (he was adopted) without actively searching my world blew apart and I couldn't avoid it.  On a personal level it hadn't been my best idea as I subsequently became a self harmer during those years as it was the only way to let the pain out.  The physical injuries never hurt, I was letting go of the emotional pain.  Although I had attempted once as a young teen I also had a few failed suicide attempts during my 20's and 30's.

Catbrian

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »
Zee….  I suppose sometimes it’s good – even necessary – to block out the world and its nasties for a while.  As difficult and unappealing as it may seem sometimes, I think to live more in harmony with ourselves, we need to somehow find a way of dealing with life as we find it.

For me, this feels like a lifetimes work.  Maybe we’ll never reach an all time “at one” with society, but we can learn so many invaluable lessons by trying, but only when we are ready

joethfc

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 05:47:39 PM »
I can sympathise with the idea, I just don't see any practical way it could work. I also wonder whether this life is merely a dream and we keep duping ourselves in to thinking this life is real and serious. Maybe what we want is to view our life as a dream.
"It's only life."

zeemiller

• Karma Group
  • keep it simple
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
when out in the countryside (when quiet) its a total change from the harsh reality of busy day to day in towns n cities etc and does seem like a dream at times if could afford to live out in country side and just head into town for shopping ever so often im sure id do better in life just all affordable housing in poor areas n nice areas so unaffordable.
all films like superhero films and matrix etc all let ppl belive in the unbelivable things that cant happen but ppl need escapism from reality of life thats why i like the idea of dream world not all the time but part of the time 8-)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »
Believe me living out in the sticks isnt as wonderful as many people think, everywhere has its pros and cons

Z xx

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 03:45:33 PM »
We live just on the outskirts of town. Walk one way and there is countryside and the other way is the small town. S X x x x

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 03:49:49 PM »
That sounds the best of both worlds, we're 2-3 miles from anything and get a lot of heavy farm machinery and lorries bombing backwards and forwards since they put a size limit in the next village to us but we do have advantages too :)

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 06:57:20 PM »
That sounds idyllic to me. We would like to live further into the country. We could have more animals then. But its just to expensive. Wouldn't want to up our mortgage :(  s x x x x

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »
We only have a teeny weeny bungalow but are lucky to have the land and stables, I'd love to have somewhere a bit bigger but couldnt afford it xx

Catbrian

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
I've always been used to quiet places in Scotland... until 1995 when I came to live in inner London....eek.

Due to depression and 'stuff' I've not left my immediate vicinity for 11-12yrs.  I long to walk in the countryside again and see/hear absolutely no one around me. 

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »
I love walking in Scotland, the solitude is one of the lovely things about it

Z xx