Author Topic: Side effects Citalopram 30mg.  (Read 5997 times)

supportme

• Karma Group
Side effects Citalopram 30mg.
« on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:59 PM »
I've been on Citalopram since the 2nd of January 2012 (8 weeks).

My side effects now are: exhaustion, nausea, diarrhea, shakey legs, achy body and headaches. Oh and I get very frightened in the dark, I always get the feeling someone is hiding behind me.

Has anyone had these experiences on Citalopram?

Thank you x 

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Side effects Citalopram 30mg.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
I was on Citalopram for a couple of years and I did not suffer any side effects, but it stopped working for me.

Hopefully someone else can help.  Maybe you should go and speak to your gp and tell him/her how you are feeling if only to put your mind at ease.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

mamalou

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:26:15 PM »
I took Citalopram a few years ago. I personally didn't get on with it. I had horrible nausea and diarrhea. Plus it made me shaky. 

Keep an eye on these problems as they didn't disappear for me and I asked my doctor for a different drug.

Good luck x x

lbruk

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
I'm on 60mg Citalopram, and yeah that sounds like a similar list i had when i started taking it. There is a risk of increased anxiety when you take it (might be your scared of the dark) but i found after about 6 months most of it went.

I still have a few side effects, tiredness, aches and pains, yawning constantly. But thats about it now.
L

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:15 PM »
I take Fluoxetine 40mg, I had side effects when I first started, now it's just the occasional yawning.

joethfc

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 02:33:21 PM »
I've already experienced ejaculation failure and so have others I know on Citalopram. This isn't a big problem for me (long story) but I imagine it would be for many, it was for the person I know.
"It's only life."

Catbrian

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »
Failure to ejaculate is a common problem with many AD's but usually wears off eventually!