Author Topic: Such a spectacular little girl!  (Read 2274 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Such a spectacular little girl!
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:45:55 AM »
Just got back from taking Mitzi for her walk and she met a family with a little girl who was no more than 2 years old.  The girl toddled over to Mitzi and started stroking her snout really gently.

Mitzi loved the attention and I'm so proud of her for being so gentle with the toddler, considering it was the first time she's met a small child since we've had her (6 years at the end of June) so I didn't know what would happen but she was an amazing pup and I'm so proud of the toddler for being gentle with her too!

Thank you Mitzi, you've made my week!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Such a spectacular little girl!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »
Dogs and small children are wonderful to watch.

Chyna, our rottweiler, loved children.  We had a good feeling about having her as her mum Boo (kennel name Baby Boo) was an overgrown softie - we got to know her as her owners children went to our neighbours children so it was a good excuse to get Boo out for her first walk.

We got Chyna at 2 days short of 6 weeks old (long story) and our neighbours had 6 children between them so it was great way to get her used to children.  One set of neighbours had a ten month old a 5 year old and a 13 year old, the others had a 7 year old, 5 year old and a three year old.  Whenever the neighbours lost any of their children they would be knocking on our door as the children loved playing with all the dogs as we had 4 in all at the time.  Chyna was always the first to go up to a child who was crying and would like their tears away which could be embarrassing at times.  However parents got to like our Chyna as they realized she was like an over grown pup who was gentle with children.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:30:48 AM »
Dogs and small children are wonderful to watch.

Chyna, our rottweiler, loved children.  We had a good feeling about having her as her mum Boo (kennel name Baby Boo) was an overgrown softie - we got to know her as her owners children went to our neighbours children so it was a good excuse to get Boo out for her first walk.

We got Chyna at 2 days short of 6 weeks old (long story) and our neighbours had 6 children between them so it was great way to get her used to children.  One set of neighbours had a ten month old a 5 year old and a 13 year old, the others had a 7 year old, 5 year old and a three year old.  Whenever the neighbours lost any of their children they would be knocking on our door as the children loved playing with all the dogs as we had 4 in all at the time.  Chyna was always the first to go up to a child who was crying and would like their tears away which could be embarrassing at times.  However parents got to like our Chyna as they realized she was like an over grown pup who was gentle with children.

Mitzi is a rescue pup so I was nervous of her meeting the child but she was a fantastic pup!  It's also a fantastic reassurance that she'll be OK with my little nephew when she meets him!

It sounds like Chyna was a little softie who got her gentleness from her mum... humans could learn so much from dogs, instead of the other way around!

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 12:13:21 PM »
Dogs can be very perceptive of people around them, and can pick up when there is no danger.
having a rescue dog is a great thing and when they find comfort they settle in quite well.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 12:18:32 PM »
Thank you Stewart!  When we first re-homed Mitzi she had no confidence about living in a home with people who loved her but she soon came out of her shell and she's an amazing little girl now!