Author Topic: Any way to...  (Read 1469 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Any way to...
« on: April 19, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »
Hello everyone

I walk our pup every morning which has given me great calf muscles for the first time in my life, but I hate my thighs and belly.  They're better than they were when I came out of hospital 12 years ago but I still hate them, so does anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of them without surgery please?

I'm disabled so can only walk up and down our street 4 times each morning with my quad cane then that's me physically done in for the rest of the day and there's no way I can afford or want to go to a gym... would doing sit-ups get rid of my belly and keep walking the pup to get rid of my thighs please?  Any other suggestions for things I could try that are either free or very cheap please?

Thank you!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Any way to...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »
Have you tried your local leisure centre?

We are members at our one where we can use the gym, sauna, steam room, swimming pool and classes.  Due to being on benefits we get a cheaper rate ~ we are on a contract ~ although it's not the cheapest as we don't want to be restricted to off peak times.  If you can get a reasonable rate it's worth it as swimming is good cardio-vascular exercise.  If there is a gym it should have cardio-vascular machines such as bikes and treadmiles on which you can choose what programme you want.  It should also have controlled weights which means if you "drop" a weight you can't hurt yourself by dropping it on your toes as an eample.

You can also do light weights at home as well so it's worth keeping an eye out for cheap weights.  Sit-ups can help as well.

Dieting can also help if done right.  It's best to do sensible eating rather than a fad diet as well.  Try not to eat too much fruit or carrots as they contain natural sugar.  Pasta and rice should onlybe eaten in small quantities as well as they turn into sugar as well.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Any way to...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 11:54:55 AM »
Thank you Pip!  I can't get to the leisure centre as it's too far away and we don't have a car right now   :(  I'll give the sit-ups and weights a go though   ;D
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.