Author Topic: Corrie star confirms how Sally will 'unravel' Geoff's lies and save Yasmeen  (Read 1581 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/corrie-actress-confirms-how-sally-22125570?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=EM_Mirror_Nletter_DailyNews_News_smallteaser_Image_Story3&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter

Corrie star confirms how Sally will 'unravel' Geoff's lies and save Yasmeen

Coronation Street's Sally Dynevor explained how Sally will take Yasmeen's side against Geoff and vow to never let her serve time behind bars

By Verity Sulway

12:37, 2 JUN 2020Updated12:45, 2 JUN 2020

Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor spoke to This Morning hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby on Tuesdays' show.  She spilled the beans on her character Sally Metcalfe, who is beginning to realise evil Geoff Metcalfe has spun a web of lies and hidden his abuse of Yasmeen Nazir (Shelley King), who is facing attempted murder charges.  Holly asked Sally when her character first realised that there was more to Geoff Metcalfe (Ian Bartholomew) than she originally thought, and her suspicions began to arise.  "I think it was when Alya came into the hospital," said Sally.

"Sally could hear Alya saying things like, 'You bullied my gran for years', and then the detective was asking Geoff all these questions about when he'd done this before previously.  "I think all these little things are making Sally realise that actually all is not what it seems.  The thing about Geoff is he's this really happy-go-lucky man who everybody loves, so at first, it's hard to believe that he's doing this, but as the story unfolds it gets very very good."

Sally will soon find out that Geoff had been hiring prostitutes, and the actress confirmed it "really shocks" her.  "At first she says, 'I really can't help you Alya because I don't want to go against Tim, he's my father-in-law.'  But I think the fact that she's finding out all these little things that are going on, but also that Sally's been imprisoned herself for something that she didn't do, there's no way she's going to let Yasmeen spend years behind bars.  It's all going to unravel very soon hopefully."

Holly asked if Sally's relationship with husband Tim (Joe Duttine), who is Geoff's son, would be affected, and Sally confirmed it would be, as Tim is firmly on Geoff's team.  Sally also said it will be "very strange" when she returns to filming next week and revealed the cast will be doing their own make up."