Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 1643 times)

kittensocks

• Karma Group
Hello there!
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:13:50 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm kittensocks, I've been on 20mg of Citalopram since Feb this year and have just got the go-ahead to reduce it to 10mg  *(*
I've joined later on in my depression so that I can offer advice or support to anyone who's going through the same as I did. I'm also going to start studying counselling so if you let me help you, you're helping me too!
I write an online diary (just started yesterday!) about my recovery and my full story of what happened in my old life is on there too!
http://underneaththeumbrella.wordpress.com

Lots of love, ks x

cornish

• Karma Group
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:57:02 AM »
hi there and welcome

im glad your on the road to recovery
i really respect you for trying to help others, me and munchroom were discussing this earlier and said u cant understand this illness unless youve experienced it

would type a bit more but i have to be up in 2 1/2 hours for work n my sleeping tablets havent kicked in, just resorted to a load more  !"!  im getting drowsey yay
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:24:45 AM »
I definitely think you need to have experienced depression to understand it, how can you explain the crushing tiredness and panic attacks to someone that hasnt actually experienced them?
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24:58 AM »
Hey Kittensocks and welcome  :)

I am so pleased you are well on the road to recovery. I am definetly better than I was last year and try and remain pretty positive and encourage others that this is beatable!! I would love to go into some area of mental health support work when I am better, I've recently gone back to doing bank work in a home for people wit dementia and forgot how much I love that type of work where you are giving something back.

I would say though... don't forget you need to look after yourself before anyone else! I know how suddenly bad days can creep up on you, so please please shout if you need a friendly ear  :) We are all here to help each other and one persons depression is a lot to shoulder, never mind trying to be positive for a whole forum of people!

Nay xx
This too shall pass.

kittensocks

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 06:33:52 PM »
Hi all and thanks for all your lovely welcomes!
ks x

PS. @Zaf, I have been there,done that and I need to get a refund on my t-shirt. I was depressed for 4 years and now I'm better.

Pete

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »
Hi Kitten, how rude of me to not reply to your post. Its been a bit of a selfish weekend is my excuse. Its a great thing you giving your time after you have won your battle so once I find a medal smiley I'll give it you lol ;)