General > I need to vent!

Will my life ever change?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Pip:
With regards to depression we are all different so you could become much better, it stays the same. gets worse or have good periods and bad ones.  It can be a case of getting meds right or getting appropriate support, having good coping methods, exercise, healthy diet, having hobbies etc.

It does sound like you're being messed around with the job. having a good routine with work helps so I hope it gets sorted.

Amanda_George:
I'm with Pip, but she said it better than I ever could!   :hug: if you want it?

lostmyway:
Basically it is about control (or lack of it), being empowered enough to change your life's circumstances. The 'job' stopped over 2 weeks ago, so I am back at square one yet again.  Just having total apathy right now, mixed with sadness/despair/irritability/anger/lethargy and probably a few adjectives that I could add to that list.  If you felt your life had been on pause since you were about 19, I am sure the vast majority of the population would feel exactly the same way as I do.  If it got worse I would be under sedation , and who wants that in their life? Probably the loneliness and isolation is one of the worst things in my life currently (not new though, to be honest).  I feel powerless and unable to do things, which is why I procrastinate where jobs and important things are concerned.

Amanda_George:
:hug:  How about a complete career change?  You don't necessarily have to pay to start a new career, 'cos there are free courses you can do online (for example with OpenLearn) and having something on your CV that you can answer the dreaded "what have you been doing since you left your previous job" question at interviews... something that shows potential employers that you've used your time wisely?

Do you have any hobbies or interests that you could take further or anything like that?

I know only too well what it's like to live your life in pause and it's especially hard when you're ill but try and use your time between jobs to be able to put something on your CV.  It doesn't have to be related to your job, just make sure you're interested in the subject.  Maybe ask for advice at the job centre about benefits you might be entitled to as well?  Job seekers/ESA and PIP at the very least?

You can do this, Lost... just keep on keeping on as best you can and you'll get there!

lostmyway:
Complete career change? All I really know is warehousing and IT stuff that I learnt online.  IT was a hobby that I took further.. not quite sure what else there is at the moment.  I bothered to save money so I wasn't really entitled to claiming JSA or any of those things. I guess they think you can live on fresh air these days. Open Learn isn't actually that bad an idea, it depends on the overall cost of it etc.  I am just weary of life's endless challenges and yes...it's affected my health.  The situation has made me ill, that's a fact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version