Author Topic: weight loss on Citalopram  (Read 4270 times)

Bewildered

• Karma Group
weight loss on Citalopram
« on: December 06, 2011, 02:46:53 PM »
My ex partner has lost a stone since he started taking the meds..so in about 8/9 weeks...is this normal? His doctor has made him take a blood test to make sure nothing else is wrong but I thought weigh GAIN was more common? He says he is eating and drinking about the same amounts.
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
C. S. Lewis

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Re: weight loss on Citalopram
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
I think on most ADs the side effect is listed as weight gain/weight loss.... which is as clear as mud! Certainly weight gain is more common, but maybe his appetite has changed slightly if the effects are starting to kick in? Or, he could be being a bit more active?
This too shall pass.

lbruk

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »
i lost weight when i started taking them, but then at that point i was hardly eating anything anyway!  but as his mood increases then the appitite returns, thats what happened to me.
L

Bewildered

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »
I have seen him eating and he says he is just eating the same things...he's even drinking more...not more tha a couple at a time maybe once or twice a week but that's more than he used to so you would think he wouldn't be losing so much weight.
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
C. S. Lewis

Flea

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »
My appetite has reduced, been on citalopram for 2 weeks.

winter

• Karma Group
    • songs from lost voices
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »
When i started to take them i did loose weight but i still maintain it was the stress of being diognosed. I have found over the years talking to people about Citalopram it depended on the months. those who started in the winter months who maybe had SAD related problems gained weight because they craved salt and fat. Those later on craved fruit. But in truth i think it depends on the person.

doublep

• Karma Group
Re: Re: weight loss on Citalopram
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
I dropped a stone in the first month. Put on half over Xmas. Just dropped 4lbs this week due to a diet change.

travis1411

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 04:57:48 AM »
Citalopram may decrease appetite and cause weight loss in children. However it is not experimented on adults. Many people say that there are lots of side effects. It is better to go for peoples review before trying it. It is better to go for weight loss remedy like Caralluma Fimbriata.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:38:33 AM by Pip »

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 11:42:50 AM »
travis, I have removed the link as I got this message up when I clicked on it:

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.eslimaluma.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

I don't have a problem with members suggesting herbal remedies that work for themselves or family/friends please don't post links though.