Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 2396 times)

TerryTibbs

Hiya
« on: October 10, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »

Hi, My Names Terry, and ive never really done anything like this before, emm, the reason i have decided to join this is simple, i have been feeling alot of things over the past couple of years and depression is certainly one of them, there are a number of reasons towards this feeling but one of the main is my mum and her relationship with her partner. They have been together nearly 12 - 13 years now and it has been very rocky, they argue nearly every week and the atmosphere in the house is that of awkwardness, i have just turned 20 and i have had to listen to this since i was 8. This is turn has had an effect on different aspects of my social dynamic and has forced me into feeling to blame for the negativity, alone in all of this, and not being able to do things which are well normal for a person my age. It has brought me to feeling very low in some circumstances..

I have also just recently got out of a relationship which was pretty serious and having to deal with whats going on in my home and this has had quite a serious affect on me. I am currently studying a MEng (Masters) in Computer Science and having to work for that plus deal with all of this is very hard.. so yeah! Anyone going through sort of a similar situation would be very welcome to talk, Terry.

Ezel

Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 05:12:10 PM »
Hi Terry  ^&*

Easy for me to say this but you're not to blame for the arguments.  Although you're an adult now you was a child when this first started happening and children do tend to blame themselves.

Will be checking in when I can so sorry this is short.  We moved and our internet provider seriously screwed up as we're still not connected up and looks like another week at least before we are $^*

Pip

kern

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 05:16:28 PM »
Hellooo!  *()

Nice to meet ya.  ^&*

Ttfn ♥
I’m not depressed! The rest of the world is too blooming happy. ♥

Seqed

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »
Hello!

I'm totally new to all of this too, I just wanted to let you know that you're absolutely not alone. 

Peace

Sooz