Author Topic: feeling really down  (Read 3026 times)

Maus

• Karma Group
Re: feeling really down
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
Hey Squeak,

I don't think families quiet understand how isolating it is when they treat you in such a manner that is unacceptable. I don't know how many times i've been called a drama queen, lazy, ignorant by them. I think  in my honest opinion that some people do not see depression as an illness or a condition.

I can't see why they cannot show moral support and just spare some time to listen. Its even worse when the cause of some of those issues are family related and they turn a blind eye to it for there own self worthyness.

I hope you have the inner strength and good friends and the support of this forum to help you get past the dark times.

Maus

peaches

• Karma Group
Re: feeling really down
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 08:48:20 PM »
Sometimes our families are out best and worst enemies.  I've lost friends having this disease because they simply could not cope or know how to cope with it.  I end up most times isolating myself so i dont 'infect' people with my moods.

However, saying that it's only when you actually chat to people who have had/or have depression that you realise how widespread it is and that you aren't alone.

Sometimes family can't cope with us so they use words to deflect our feelings - I got very stressed out the day before going over to my mums because usually she says things that upset me, it's not cos she doesn't love me its because that is the way she is and she isn't going to change - i have to change, change the way i let it affect me and this time it worked.

So i really hope that you are able to stay strong and remember that people are around that are able to help just by listening - from what i've seen on here seems to be good place to start.

P x
every day you wake up is another day to get it right