Author Topic: when and how should i go back to work?  (Read 958 times)

Janey63

• Karma Group
when and how should i go back to work?
« on: August 06, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
Hi- have been taking my increased dose of Citalopram since Tuesday (20mg)

have been off work for 2 weeks next Tuesday and really feel panicky when i even 'think' about going back to my place of work- it is quite small and i know that they are all going to ask why i have  been off sick- doc gave me a sick note for one week that said lethargy/malaise onit!!! coz he asked me when i thought i would feel able to go back!

should i tell them?
Should i go back to work or get another note?

AAAAARGH!

George

• Karma Group
Re: when and how should i go back to work?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
Hi Janey

Sounds like the Citalopram possibly hasn't settled in the system yet, if you know what I mean. Might be a good idea to see the doctor and explain how you feel, possibly get a line for another week and give yourself the chance to get used to the Citalopram. Of course, the doctor may decide to either change dosage again or change drug, whichever, it may be worthwhile getting a line for some more time off just to give you the time to reach "comfort level". Have a think about it.
To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
Woody Allen

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: when and how should i go back to work?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:25:44 PM »
Janey, the medication wont have had time to take proper effect yet (most docs say 4 -6 weeks), go back to your doc if you can and tell him you're feeling panicky about going back to work and see if he will discuss it properly with you in the limited time you have in an appointment.  It seems a strange thing to put on a sick note but if your colleagues ask you can either tell them you have clinical depression (not easy at all) or perhaps say something like "nervous exhaustion" (or whatever sounds good to you!).

Its a difficult thing to decide, I had several months off and it was the doctor that pushed me back to work and I was terrified at the time, but actually everyone was incredibly kind and helpful when I did get back and helped me ease back into the job, to be honest I think they knew somehow what I'd been off for but it was still very nice to be welcomed back and treated sympathetically
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.